Kentucky Drivers Test

CincySportsFan

So frustrated right now.  My son has been waiting to take the skills portion of his driving test since March.  He actually was probably ready for it in January or February, but not knowing what the weather might be during those months, we told him we'd wait until March.  You can pretty much guess the rest.  Testing was shut down for nearly 5 months.  In mid-July they started trying to get the kids who had already been scheduled (back when it was first cancelled) back in for their testing.

Was told on the 17th of July, that they'd be opening up August (for online scheduling) beginning on the 24th.  At 9am that morning, they didn't even have a link posted yet.  By 3pm, every single slot for the entire month was filled.  Every. Single. One.  

So, now we wait for September to open up.  When that happens, who knows?

What is so frustrating right now is that Kenton County, at the moment I type this...has 88 openings still remaining for August.  Yes, a county with 30,000 more people in it, has 88 openings for half a month.  Yet, you can only take the test in the county you reside.  I'm sorry, but why?  It's a KENTUCKY driver's license he'll be getting, not a Boone COUNTY one.  The tests, regardless of where they're taken, cover the same things, don't they?

What's added to the frustration, is the fact that if/when they do allow for in-school teaching...he absolutely needs to be able to drive.  He would only takes 2 classes at his school, and then would go to Conner for the V-School for the second half of the day.  In years past, and as of right now, the school doesn't provide bussing for the seniors.  

Have I mentioned that I'm frustrated?

12 hours ago, CincySportsFan said:

What is so frustrating right now is that Kenton County, at the moment I type this...has 88 openings still remaining for August.  Yes, a county with 30,000 more people in it, has 88 openings for half a month.  Yet, you can only take the test in the county you reside.  I'm sorry, but why?  It's a KENTUCKY driver's license he'll be getting, not a Boone COUNTY one.  The tests, regardless of where they're taken, cover the same things, don't they?

That must be new. I teach high school sophomores and many of them get their license during the course of the year. Most take the test in Garrard County where I/we live, but I've had numerous kids over the years take their tests in Lincoln, Boyle, or Jessamine counties.