Manual Field Hockey & Lacrosse Break Ground on New Turf Field

https://www.wdrb.com/news/manual-high-school-breaks-ground-on-new-turf-field-for-field-hockey-girls-lacrosse/article_c17e9884-9ba2-11ea-ab1e-677d930188aa.html

Manual Field Hockey & Girls Lacrosse Teams joined fundraising efforts and have collected just over $500,000 to offset the $800,000+ overall cost of the new turf field. The new turf field will go in over the old field hockey field known as Rachel Baker Field at West Hill Street & South First Street on Manual's campus. Initial ground work is already underway after a May 20th ground breaking. This field will be completed prior to when school is scheduled to begin in August.

This is a really big deal and is a very long time in the making. Fundraising efforts continue and if you have any fundraising tips for us please PM me.

Hopefully this will spur other JCPS programs to try and replicate these efforts to have more turf fields in the JCPS arsenal.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

https://www.wlky.com/article/first-turf-field-in-jcps-unveiled-at-dupont-manual-high-school/33316896

It is actually a reality now.  The new turf field at Manual's Rachel Baker Field is in!

The first turf field for JCPS!  It is a really nice field!  I hope it spurs many more.

The above WLKY article was based at a ribbon cutting I got to attend (only 50 could attend due to Covid).  It was totally privately funded by Manual Field Hockey and Girls Lacrosse Booster Club coordinated fundraising.  No JCPS funds at all were used for this project, although Mr. Polio and JCPS was very supportive of this effort.  Of the $866,000 project budget, just over $600,000 has been received.  If Covid had not hit, I think the fundraising efforts could have been complete by now.

• Like 1