Somerset 2007

shs64

The Jumpers should field another good team next year. We have several key players returning like Hughes, Cole, Megargal, Coomer and if Hall, Fitzpatrick, and Shoemaker return for there senior year by mid-season Somerset good be very good. I think right now Chase Hall coming back out will be the deciding factor on how far Somerset ventures into the 3A playoffs next year.

Jumpers will probably start off like this year due to tough pre-district schedule

( I am assuming, because it is always tough ). I think they will be very good come district play. QB is the biggest question, whether Hall comes back or some else takes over. Some very good players coming up from 9th with some size. I can't wait.

If anybody knows the non-district games next year please post them. :bunny:

Don't have an exact number but around 35-36 players.

If all of the 8th moves up that will add about 19 more kids and I think the class behind that has about 20. So there are some numbers coming, they will just be very young and need a lot of leadership out of the upperclassmen.

If all of the 8th moves up that will add about 19 more kids and I think the class behind that has about 20. So there are some numbers coming, they will just be very young and need a lot of leadership out of the upperclassmen.

I'm looking forward to watching this group through high school, should be a great ride! This years 8th grade group down to the 5th graders will be some very good years for Somerset football.

• 2 weeks later...

It will be a new team. There will be some spots to fill on both sides of the ball. You have John Cole, Tyler Cobb, John Coomer, Jordan Gossett, C.J. Megargel, Kenny Hughes who will be the seniors that have been playing since freshmen and know the system well. Along with Justin Oursler and Will Wilson who will be the kicker. There are only 5 Juniors but there is talent with those 5 guys. There will be alot asked of the under classmen. Will need to fill the spots in the Defense as 8 of the 11 will be missing, and on the O side the line as they only have 2 starters Tyler Cobb and Jordan Gossett coming back. The WR and Running back position should be good with John Coomer and John Cole at the WR position and Kenny Hughes at the running back spot. The QB Situation is still uncertain. However you know that any team coach Jay Cobb puts out there will compete and do well.

I'm looking forward to watching this group through high school, should be a great ride! This years 8th grade group down to the 5th graders will be some very good years for Somerset football.

Yes should be a good group if they stick together. It seems the best groups at the Middle School level always end up quiting before they finsih High School.