Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Apple Watch question

Featured Replies

Daughter wants an Apple Watch for Christmas. I have several questions for anyone that has one.

1) Is there a big difference in series 3, 4 and 5?

2) If you have an iphone can you link watch to it without needing a wireless plan for the watch?

3) What is the best and worst thing about them?

The big jump in the Apple Watch was from 2 to 4, although I really don’t notice it all that much. The 3’s are such a good price though, that I’d really give consideration to buying one of those if I didn’t already have one.

 

You do not need a separate plan for the watch unless you have the LTE version, and wish to be able to make calls without your phone present. It’s only an extra $10 a month though, and could come in handy in a pinch if you were without your phone. Using your phone with LTE has a big impact on battery life. For what it’s worth, I don’t have the LTE version and haven’t ever wished I did have it.

 

The things I like best are the fitness tracking, the ability to quickly answer my phone or text when it’s not right next to me, and alerts and alarms which allow me to check things without pulling out my phone. The thing I hate the most is there tesxt messages have to be deleted...deleting them from your phone doesn’t delete them on your watch, and there’s no way to quickly mass delete messages...you have to get rid of them 1 at a time.

  • Author
The big jump in the Apple Watch was from 2 to 4, although I really don’t notice it all that much. The 3’s are such a good price though, that I’d really give consideration to buying one of those if I didn’t already have one.

 

You do not need a separate plan for the watch unless you have the LTE version, and wish to be able to make calls without your phone present. It’s only an extra $10 a month though, and could come in handy in a pinch if you were without your phone. Using your phone with LTE has a big impact on battery life. For what it’s worth, I don’t have the LTE version and haven’t ever wished I did have it.

 

The things I like best are the fitness tracking, the ability to quickly answer my phone or text when it’s not right next to me, and alerts and alarms which allow me to check things without pulling out my phone. The thing I hate the most is there tesxt messages have to be deleted...deleting them from your phone doesn’t delete them on your watch, and there’s no way to quickly mass delete messages...you have to get rid of them 1 at a time.

 

Thanks

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.