Apple Watch question

Jumper_Dad

Daughter wants an Apple Watch for Christmas. I have several questions for anyone that has one.

1) Is there a big difference in series 3, 4 and 5?

2) If you have an iphone can you link watch to it without needing a wireless plan for the watch?

3) What is the best and worst thing about them?

The big jump in the Apple Watch was from 2 to 4, although I really don’t notice it all that much. The 3’s are such a good price though, that I’d really give consideration to buying one of those if I didn’t already have one.

You do not need a separate plan for the watch unless you have the LTE version, and wish to be able to make calls without your phone present. It’s only an extra $10 a month though, and could come in handy in a pinch if you were without your phone. Using your phone with LTE has a big impact on battery life. For what it’s worth, I don’t have the LTE version and haven’t ever wished I did have it.

The things I like best are the fitness tracking, the ability to quickly answer my phone or text when it’s not right next to me, and alerts and alarms which allow me to check things without pulling out my phone. The thing I hate the most is there tesxt messages have to be deleted...deleting them from your phone doesn’t delete them on your watch, and there’s no way to quickly mass delete messages...you have to get rid of them 1 at a time.

The big jump in the Apple Watch was from 2 to 4, although I really don’t notice it all that much. The 3’s are such a good price though, that I’d really give consideration to buying one of those if I didn’t already have one.

You do not need a separate plan for the watch unless you have the LTE version, and wish to be able to make calls without your phone present. It’s only an extra $10 a month though, and could come in handy in a pinch if you were without your phone. Using your phone with LTE has a big impact on battery life. For what it’s worth, I don’t have the LTE version and haven’t ever wished I did have it.

The things I like best are the fitness tracking, the ability to quickly answer my phone or text when it’s not right next to me, and alerts and alarms which allow me to check things without pulling out my phone. The thing I hate the most is there tesxt messages have to be deleted...deleting them from your phone doesn’t delete them on your watch, and there’s no way to quickly mass delete messages...you have to get rid of them 1 at a time.

Thanks