It's Almost Time

swamprat

The Bolts will have a bit of a different look, adding free agents defenseman Kevin Shattenkirk and forward Patrick Maroon. Journeyman goalie Curtis McElhinney will back up last year's Vezina Trophy winner, Andre Vasilevskiy.

I'm not really sure what's going on with Louis Domingue. Even though he won 10 games in a row while Vasy was injured, last season, they've been trying to deal him all summer. No takers, though. I'm sure it has something to do with cap room.

Ryan Callahan was diagnosed with a degenerative disk in his back and the doctors recommended he retire. The Lightning put him on long term injured reserve then, a month later traded him to Ottawa. I'm not sure whether Ryan intends to play anymore, so I'm not sure why Ottawa would make the trade. I believe Ryan is from there, so he may have requested it and the teams agreed to accommodate him, though Ottawa assumed his contract and the Bolts freed $3.4 million in cap space. Tampa Bay got goalie Mike Condon and a draft pick in the deal. Condon didn't make the team and has been assigned to the Syracuse Crunch.

It starts tonight at Amelie against those sticking Panthers.

I think those pesky Panthers will make the playoffs this year. They have the firepower up front to score goals and now have a legit net minder in Bob. What's up with Brayden Point? How banged up is he and will he miss much/any time?

The Bolts hit The Bob up for 4 goals last night, in their 5-2 win. We'll see what happens Saturday night in Sunrise.

Point is supposed to be back in the lineup late this month.