Highlands 4 St. Henry 2

The Birds beat the Crusaders with a second half rally 4-2.

St. Henry is a group of fighters. I really like their team and the way they play within themselves. They were very difficult to break down on that grass and dominated the aerial game in the midfield. They seemingly won every goal kick and 50/50 aerial duel last night. #10 (I couldn't spell his name correctly if you paid me) gave our CBs fits and scored both St. Henry goals. His first came on a free kick into the box, resulting in a scramble. He backheeled it accurately and with great pace. 3 minutes later a bad clearance gifted him the ball in the 6 yard box and he made the Birds pay with a harder-than-it-looks finish.

Highlands proved that when they want to turn it on, their offense is a legitimate threat for anyone. The Birds spent the first half struggling to find the right speed for their passes while playing on grass for the first time. A Porter Hedenberg curling free kick put the Birds ahead 1-0 about half way through the first. That was about the extent of the offense.

In the second half, the Birds went much more direct. They kept the Crusaders pinned back with long balls to Caymon Stevie and Ben Fischer. From there, the Birds were able to connect and make dangerous runs into the box. If that didn't work, they pressed and forced tough clearances that they were able to get in front of. With 10 minutes to go, left back Elijah Stevie took a throw in and crossed to Brayden Gillman near the far post for a header to tie the score at 2-2. A few minutes later, Highlands took possession and E. Stevie passed the ball to Alex Foubert who then fed Hedenberg. Foubert continued his run past C Stevie, who took the pass and gave a nice little no look flick to Foubert. Alex buried the goal to put the Birds up 3-2. With 18 to go, C. Stevie drew to defenders towards him and delivered a well weighted through ball to Ben Fischer. Ben took it and coolly finished at the near post for his first career Varsity goal.

The game ended with the score, the Birds 4 and the Crusaders 2.

The Birds beat the Crusaders with a second half rally 4-2.

St. Henry is a group of fighters. I really like their team and the way they play within themselves. They were very difficult to break down on that grass and dominated the aerial game in the midfield. They seemingly won every goal kick and 50/50 aerial duel last night. #10 (I couldn't spell his name correctly if you paid me)

Is #10 Litzler? The Sophomore? If it was Jake Maher, I'm guessing you could spell that one. Someone else?