Oilers 4 Blue Jackets 1 (NHL)

swamprat

Another road loss for the Jackets. With Montreal winning, Columbus falls out of the last playoff spot in the Eastern Conference.

It was an even game until the 3rd, when Edmonton put up 3 goals, the last on the only power play of the game.

I'm not a big fan of collecting penalty minutes, but the lack of penalties on the part of the Blue Jackets, to me anyway, indicates a lack of urgency on the part of Columbus. They are fighting for a playoff spot. You have to take chances, be kind of reckless, and rely on the penalty kill unit.

I'm not a big fan of collecting penalty minutes, but the lack of penalties on the part of the Blue Jackets, to me anyway, indicates a lack of urgency on the part of Columbus. They are fighting for a playoff spot. You have to take chances, be kind of reckless, and rely on the penalty kill unit.

Awesome point. They have been one of the least penalized teams in recent years. Good discipline or not enough fire in their play? I think Bread Man has decided he's not getting hurt before his big pay day and that's why he's disappeared. He hasn't looked like himself the past month plus. This team has me feeling apathetic right now and that's hard to admit.