Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Lent 2019

Featured Replies

Mine has not started off well.... I just had chicken for lunch (oops!).

 

I obviously need to re-group and get into the “spirit”.

 

Thinking of giving up alcohol again, like I did 2 or 3 years ago.

 

Any ideas or thoughts or goals on this Ash Wednesday?

I've not decided yet, however I'll be visiting a new church tonight as I'm out of town for work. Father Eric mentioned maybe attending a weekly mass along with our regular Sunday mass, which is something I've considered doing this Lenten season.

Going to try to pray a Rosary everyday.

I had a first last night at Ash Wednesday Mass. I was the lector. There was a bigger crowd than expected. After the homily, our priest gave me a nod and I came up to the altar to help distribute the ashes! I got quite a workout. You give ashes to everyone including babies and small children. For some toddlers, I needed to get on the floor to get to the level of their foreheads (and then get back up on my feet for their parents). I went to sleep last night with the following phrase ringing in my head over and over - "Remember that you are dust and dust you shall return"!

I went to Ash Wednesday Mass last night in Knoxville, TN as I'm out of town for work. I saw something very weird as I was sitting near the back and as I stand to go up for the ashes this guy goes right around me and a few others from the pews behind me. I didn't think anything of it until time for communion, and as the first few pews start to get up the same guy goes all the way up from the back slides in behind the group from the second pew. The guy takes communion and heads straight to the back and out the door.

 

That was a first for me, and I understand we all get in a hurry at times but I thought that was a little over the top. The church was beautiful though, Holy Ghost of Knoxville the inside has immaculate wood work.

 

 

Holy-Ghost-Header-final.jpg

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.