Newport 63 Newport Central Catholic 59

BTW this was an incredibly exciting action packed neighborhood rival game. Both teams played their guts out. Twice now the Breds have played the Wildcats intensely close proving that they're not terribly far behind them. Nothing came easy for either team. NewCath's 9-14 record may have some thinking little of them, but while being a young team their diehard team ethic is something to behold. This region is full of so-so win/loss records by some very talented teams. I'm guessing that this loss for the Breds has them on the same side of the 36th District bracket with Highlands.

I agree - I was at both games this season - and no matter the line-ups -these 2 teams are both evenly matched and play hard. Newport's experience in the end has been the difference in my opinion.

Not to mention that Newport has hit 3's to end 4 of the 8 the quarters they have competed in - last night Maguire hit one at half and ended third with fouled 3 pointer.

Exciting game and should be great district tourney with a lot of great players throughout.