NKU 65 Northern Illinois 62

UKMustangFan

Norse win a good one in their final non-conference game of the season to run their record to 10-3.

After seemingly sleep-walking through the first half, the Norse were able to turn a 6 point halftime deficit into as large as a 9 point lead with just over 3 minutes to go.

McDonald led the Norse with 15 & 12, although he had just 1 point at the half.

The star of the night was freshman Trevon Faulkner in my mind. Kid just gets after it. His defensive intensity and aggressiveness on the boards turned the tides in NKU's favor early in the 2nd half.

This NKU team has some dogs. Faulkner, Sharpe, Walton, & Tate will absolutely get after you.

Looked like they were missing a lot of free throws late night. I think Tate missed four in a row at one point.

Glad they got the win and a week off until two back to back home games next Friday & Sunday.

Yeah it was bad, they went 21-36 from the line I believe.

Nice to get a break, but I wonder how many days they really have "off" during the break. I know they have practice on Christmas.

It was nice to see NKU get a win on a night where they did not shoot well either from the field (30%) or at the foul line (58%). From a spectator standpoint, it was fun to watch as they made up for it with hustle on both the floor and on the boards to remain undefeated at BB&T!

Agree with Pop, good to win one when you're not shooting well and they did not shoot well from anywhere--poor from 3, poor from FT, and missed a ton of shots inside 5 feet.

They actually played pretty well. Defense was solid. UNI came in leading the nation in FG% and kept them to 46%. UNI had 15 turnovers; NKU had just 5.

UNI could do some damage in the MAC now that German is back and playing. He's a player (NKU also did a decent job on him keeping him below his average and 7-20 shooting).