Week 12: Who To Start & Random Fantasy Conversation

MJAlltheWay24

After last night, I locked up the #1 seed in my two money leagues.

The league I care about most, I finally convinced our guys that we should only allow 6 of the 12 in the playoffs. We used to do 8. I can't tell you how many times I'd be the 1st or 2nd seed and get upset in the first round. Very happy to have a bye this year.

I am doing well in both leagues. My Yahoo league is the cheaper of the two. I have not locked a playoff spot, but with the way tie breakers work it is almost impossible that I not make the six team playoff in the twelve man league. I am 8-3 with the most points. My Sportsline league is the one I care most about and it pays out the best. Ten man league and my division is tough. 7-4 and holding the last playoff spot in the division, because I lead the league in points. If things go wrong I could easily not make the playoffs. Week 12 will be tough for me in both leagues. Mahomes and Gurley on a bye. Should be an exciting finish.

OJ Howard is being sent to the IR. Is Cameron Brate worth using the #1 claim on and starting? My current TE is Njouku and its the only weak spot on my team.

Our claim order doesn't reset each week, so I move to the back of the line but I have good depth at RB & WR, so I'm not sure I would use it unless it was to get a different D in the playoffs.

Thoughts? Is Cameron Brate going to be better than Njoku the rest of the way?

OJ Howard is being sent to the IR. Is Cameron Brate worth using the #1 claim on and starting? My current TE is Njouku and its the only weak spot on my team.

Our claim order doesn't reset each week, so I move to the back of the line but I have good depth at RB & WR, so I'm not sure I would use it unless it was to get a different D in the playoffs.

Thoughts? Is Cameron Brate going to be better than Njoku the rest of the way?

I have streamed Njoku throughout the year. He is inconsistent and has not reached the potential many projected. I think Brate is in a pass first offense and Winston trusts him. TE has been tough all year and I think both guys are low end starters in a 12-man league most weeks. Personally, I would prefer holding the waiver slot. Wait and see. Perhaps even picking up a popular add later just to block a team in need.

I have streamed Njoku throughout the year. He is inconsistent and has not reached the potential many projected. I think Brate is in a pass first offense and Winston trusts him. TE has been tough all year and I think both guys are low end starters in a 12-man league most weeks. Personally, I would prefer holding the waiver slot. Wait and see. Perhaps even picking up a popular add later just to block a team in need.

Good advice on the blocking and why I was hesitant. I think I like Njoku's schedule more in week 15 & 16 too.