Class 5A Playoffs: Bowling Green at Owensboro

Who gets the W?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who gets the W?

Well I've been waiting all week on this one!

It really is a fascinating game!

For Owensboro, they are coming in on a high with 7 straight wins after BG went home with a 21-12 win way back in Week 4! So they are coming in mentally high. BUT as the Messinger Enquirer stated today, they are questioning Owensboros mental state to be able to beat BG.

For BG, they haven't played well since a disasterous trip to Indianapolis. So I question where they are mentally from those games. BUT they have OWNED the Red Devils for 14 straight. That is relevant here.

I honestly think if BG leads after 1 Quarter that it will be very hard for Owensboro to overcome that as the mental perspective will be #15 straight BG win. If it is tied after 1 or Owensboro leads, then ITS ON! I look for a close game after that scenario!

Owensboro has terrific athletes! Will the gameplan support getting them the ball in space or will it be bland play calling which leads to needing your punter a lot!

BG needs to stretch the field. Something they haven't done all season. They are capable but don't call it. To run just to run is a poor strategy. If BG tries this the O defense only has to defend a small portion of the field.

I expect Diamond Glover, O DT to play in this game and if so he is a difference maker for Owensboro.

LONG story short, I look for BG to win, but by a small margin.

Give me BG - 24

O - 21