New Apple products announced today

Pete W

I haven't encountered anything my Surface can't do that a laptop could. It is a little awkward to try to sit the Surface on your lap, but it's very portable, works just like a PC (aside from the smaller screen), and the Pen is way better than Apple's pen. The only thing I really don't like is the weird, proprietary charging cable, and lack of USB C port. I still use my Ipad pro 9.7, but with bigger Iphones, and now my Surface, I probably won't ever upgrade or replace my Ipad when it dies (which it's showing no signs of doing).

That’s basically what I was getting at. Microsoft definitely has the laptop replacement thing figured out. I had the original iPad when it came out and I used it solidly for about a year but at the end I found myself using simply because I had it and if I had an iPad and didn’t use it I would be stupid. If you have an iPad you still need a laptop for some things anyways and I just found myself just using my laptop for everything. Like you said having bigger iPhones now definitely helps bridge the gap the iPad was originally intended to fill. It sounds kind of silly to say this, but iPads are almost a product that is best suited for kids. With all the games and apps kids can play now an iPad is definitely something that I see all kinds of kids using on car rides, airplanes, etc. The iOS user interface is user friendly enough really little kids can use it.