NKMSAA Football Playoffs

Brcatz

I didn't give it much thought last night. I just remember thinking it was kind of odd. The conversation at Bdubs today kind of made me put two and two together.

The topic last night had to do with some players being on both teams. I didn't understand why it was a big deal. I think of high school football where you have a varsity team and a jv. Your jv plays in jv games and suit up for varsity games. Sometimes they get to play some varsity.

But it sounds like there is a middle school rule that forbids participation on both the eighth grade and seventh grade teams. At least that is what I gathered from the overheard conversation.

If that is true then rules were broken last night. That is not fair to the schools that abide by those rules and lose because of it. I am surprised something like that is allowed to happen without consequence. Has anyone else heard about this?

I didn't give it much thought last night. I just remember thinking it was kind of odd. The conversation at Bdubs today kind of made me put two and two together.

The topic last night had to do with some players being on both teams. I didn't understand why it was a big deal. I think of high school football where you have a varsity team and a jv. Your jv plays in jv games and suit up for varsity games. Sometimes they get to play some varsity.

But it sounds like there is a middle school rule that forbids participation on both the eighth grade and seventh grade teams. At least that is what I gathered from the overheard conversation.

If that is true then rules were broken last night. That is not fair to the schools that abide by those rules and lose because of it. I am surprised something like that is allowed to happen without consequence. Has anyone else heard about this?

I thought kids could play on both but I don't know.

I know for a fact Woodland would have been better off if they were able to use players from their 7 grade squad on their 8th grade team. They suffered from devastating injuries all season and the record shows it. Not fair to those kids.

If nothing is done about this then what does that say to those kids? It's okay to cheat and break rules. Terrible.

Looks like the 8th grade Large, Medium, and Small division championship games will be played at Holmes High School.

Twenhofel vs Turkeyfoot starts at 4:00PM

NCC vs Ludlow starts at 6:00PM

Holmes vs Sharp is at 8:00PM

Congrats to all these teams on a very competitive season and best of luck and health Saturday.