Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKMSAA Football Playoffs

Featured Replies

I didn't give it much thought last night. I just remember thinking it was kind of odd. The conversation at Bdubs today kind of made me put two and two together.

 

The topic last night had to do with some players being on both teams. I didn't understand why it was a big deal. I think of high school football where you have a varsity team and a jv. Your jv plays in jv games and suit up for varsity games. Sometimes they get to play some varsity.

But it sounds like there is a middle school rule that forbids participation on both the eighth grade and seventh grade teams. At least that is what I gathered from the overheard conversation.

 

If that is true then rules were broken last night. That is not fair to the schools that abide by those rules and lose because of it. I am surprised something like that is allowed to happen without consequence. Has anyone else heard about this?

I didn't give it much thought last night. I just remember thinking it was kind of odd. The conversation at Bdubs today kind of made me put two and two together.

 

The topic last night had to do with some players being on both teams. I didn't understand why it was a big deal. I think of high school football where you have a varsity team and a jv. Your jv plays in jv games and suit up for varsity games. Sometimes they get to play some varsity.

But it sounds like there is a middle school rule that forbids participation on both the eighth grade and seventh grade teams. At least that is what I gathered from the overheard conversation.

 

If that is true then rules were broken last night. That is not fair to the schools that abide by those rules and lose because of it. I am surprised something like that is allowed to happen without consequence. Has anyone else heard about this?

 

I thought kids could play on both but I don't know.

I thought kids could play on both but I don't know.

 

I don’t know if it’s against the rules but I do know the winning interception for Turkeyfoots 8th grade team was by their 7th grade QB.

I know for a fact Woodland would have been better off if they were able to use players from their 7 grade squad on their 8th grade team. They suffered from devastating injuries all season and the record shows it. Not fair to those kids.

If nothing is done about this then what does that say to those kids? It's okay to cheat and break rules. Terrible.

  • Author

Yes kids from all grades can play up to 8th grade, even 6th graders if they have the ability and size. Most teams have 7/8th graders playing most of the year on the Varsity team, aka 8th grade.

I think the issue is that schools with 2 teams are required to assign each player to just one of those teams at the beginning of the season and stick to it. The reason for this is because each team competes for different championships.

Looks like the 8th grade Large, Medium, and Small division championship games will be played at Holmes High School.

 

Twenhofel vs Turkeyfoot starts at 4:00PM

NCC vs Ludlow starts at 6:00PM

Holmes vs Sharp is at 8:00PM

 

Congrats to all these teams on a very competitive season and best of luck and health Saturday.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.