Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

NKY Soccer

Featured Replies

Do you think that the opening of the Town and Country soccer complex has correlated directly with the success of the local teams down State.

 

Up until the complex opened, the only successful teams down state were CovCath. Now that the youth competititon has stepped up dramatically, it has turned into some very successful teams at the high school level.

 

Ryle in the state final four this year

 

St. Henry in State final four last year.

 

Highlands and Notre Dame winning state girls cahmpionships!

 

This is just an observation, tell me what you think!

It would be hard to say it has NOT helped the cause.

Personally, I think having the quality of the Clubs that some of the girls/boys play for in Cincinnati, and or play against in League play has helped the most. Louisville has Javon, Lexington has the Classic and all are great Club soccer teams, but up here we have so.....many more great Clubs that allow so many more kids to play quality soccer, that I think it helps the High School teams a lot. I know that Javon usually wins the State Cup at most levels, but if someone in NKy got all the kids to play for one team, Javon would go down, but that is not going to happen and personally I am glad it won't happen. The League play up here is so tough, it makes everyone better not just one team or one Club.....

Personally, I think having the quality of the Clubs that some of the girls/boys play for in Cincinnati, and or play against in League play has helped the most. Louisville has Javon, Lexington has the Classic and all are great Club soccer teams, but up here we have so.....many more great Clubs that allow so many more kids to play quality soccer, that I think it helps the High School teams a lot. I know that Javon usually wins the State Cup at most levels, but if someone in NKy got all the kids to play for one team, Javon would go down, but that is not going to happen and personally I am glad it won't happen. The League play up here is so tough, it makes everyone better not just one team or one Club.....

 

:thumb:

 

Most of the NKY talent is split between Classics Hammer and Ohio Elite north of the river and NKUnited south of the river.

For the record, the team is spelled Javanon.

 

I think that the TC complex certainly has helped, but I don't think to the extent that it would help a typically unsuccessful downstate HS team to be successful.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.