LaVar Ball Isn't Paying JBA Players What He Owes Them

Wow. I didn't see this coming. :sneaky:

LaVar Ball is a scumbag.

@TJDhoops

Former JBA player Brandon Phillips (@itsbphilly) tells me the league only paid him about 1/3 of what he was promised.

Had to pay for his own bags on every flight, so he saved nothing.

Owed two more checks but nobody’s returning his calls.

Gave up his eligibility for ~$1000.

You should research more. The kid was cut after 4 games and only owed his reimbursement check for his bags that was promised to be sent to him after the season. The season just ended a couple of weeks ago and while Alan hasn’t returned the kid’s calls or emails there is still a chance he’ll get his reimbursement check soon.

That’s straight from the kid’s mouth.

As of now the league still owes all the kids who were cut their bag reimbursement money. Everyone else has been paid accordingly.

This is a tweet from Brandon Phillips:

“It wasn’t based on skill or anything biased, we were told that if we had to pay for our bags we would be reimbursed at end of the season and i just haven’t been reimbursed.”

For all we know he may not have submitted the proper paperwork required for reimbursement. I get that Lavar is a hated man and people want to see him fail. Totally understand that motivation. I just wish when those moments that pop up in an effort to crucify Lavar that they actually had legs. This is an issue with the front office of the league, not Lavar. The person he mentioned that he has an issue with is a league executive named Alan.