3rd Region Baseball: Who's the favorites?

Eagle3

OHS 7 Ohio County 0. Gilliam looked good at times and he threw hard. I believe Owensboro got 4 hits. Gilliam's defense let him down in the 4th, that's when he got the hook. I think Ohio made 3 or 4 errors.

Owensboro made several errors but obviously it didn't hurt them.

This will not be the Ohio team that shows up at the end of the season, they will get better.

Griffen Haire scattered three hits on his way to the shut out. Don't know how many strike outs he had but IMO he pitched extremely well. If Johnson didn't know who his number one was, he knows now. I believe it is Haire's spot to lose, I don't think anyone is just going to move him out.

Good win by the Devils.

Our defense struggled and didn't hit at all, but I give the credit to Haire...did a great job on the mound. Stroked a double to left too. I like this Owensboro team alot....I expect we will play better....don't want to be too critical early but it's also not an excuse. Owensboro was flat out the better team all around

Our defense struggled and didn't hit at all, but I give the credit to Haire...did a great job on the mound. Stroked a double to left too. I like this Owensboro team alot....I expect we will play better....don't want to be too critical early but it's also not an excuse. Owensboro was flat out the better team all around

I hope that there isn't a major drop off (like last year) in pitching after you get past Haire. There are a couple of pitchers that should be better this year, but that remains to be seen. That has been the one and only game OHS has played in the last 2 weeks.

I appreciate your kind words for the guys, but I will wait until they meet again to see who is the better team. That's when it will matter, heading toward the district tourney. There are still questions about the moves that johnson makes and where he has people playing. Just my opinion but if he wasn't going to let Haire finish the game, why put him in at short? He has players that could have played that last inning. Get your reserves some time on the field. If nothing else, it may keep them engaged. You might find that you have some one who could very well help you down the road.

I hope that there isn't a major drop off (like last year) in pitching after you get past Haire. There are a couple of pitchers that should be better this year, but that remains to be seen. That has been the one and only game OHS has played in the last 2 weeks.

I appreciate your kind words for the guys, but I will wait until they meet again to see who is the better team. That's when it will matter, heading toward the district tourney. There are still questions about the moves that johnson makes and where he has people playing. Just my opinion but if he wasn't going to let Haire finish the game, why put him in at short? He has players that could have played that last inning. Get your reserves some time on the field. If nothing else, it may keep them engaged. You might find that you have some one who could very well help you down the road.

I was surprised to see Haire go that many pitches this early, but then again, I have no doubt he was prepared to handle it. Great kid, and I know he competes and works hard. Like I said, I saw a good team that turned a couple doudle plays and hit with runners in scoring position. We will play better and adjust. Great thing about these games....it's about developing and achieving at a higher level. Look forward to the next one. Gonna be a fun year for you guys....I believe you guys will win a bunch.