Bluegrasspreps.com 3rd Region Final Rankings & District Previews

While the 10th and 11th districts weren't as tough to call, I was dead wrong in the 12th. I really felt like Trinity would use its home court advantage to roll into the Sportscenter, but Edmonson had their number all year. As for Grayson, nice win tonight over Butler County. They will be coming into the Sportscenter next week with some momentum.

Im going to be honest, I did not see this one coming. While I thought Apollo would make Owensboro sweat, I did not think they would get the win on the road. Owensboro seemed to tighten up a couple of times in the game and it cost them. The game wasn't officiated very well for the Devils either, but its hard to make that excuse when you have the chances OHS had in the final 90 seconds. I said before the game, its these types of Apollo teams that usually end up making a run to Rupp. The ones you don't see coming. They've got a long ways to go, but tonight was a big step in that direction.

The game was officiated badly, but as you said, Ohs had opportunities that they did not capitalize on. But, maybe that had something to do with Apollo also. I thought that the way Owensboro came out in the second half that they were going to blow the door off the game and take control, but Apollo held its' own and stayed with them. Free throws down the stretch got em. Was a great game. If they build on this, the Eagles may be hard to beat.

Great season by OHS, people didn't think they were going to be as good as they were. After playing with all the seniors, I am anxious to see what the 2018-19 Devils are going to look like. I'm thinking Junior and Sophomore heavy, many of those kids can jump over next year's seniors. But that's for another time. Good luck in the upcoming regional tourney.

I do have a question for you, that last charge against Douglas, you tell me. Did he charge or should it have been better to be a no-call? I believe that turned the game. If he scored they'd have been up by what, 6 or 7? That would have been too much to over come IMO. Not complaining or crying, I just wanted to get your opinion. For it to be his last game, Lewis went out with a whimper did he not?

The charge called against Douglas vs Gray toward the end was absolutely not a charge. Should have been a no call IMO. I cant remember what point the game was at there but it was a rough call. I thought the moving screen they called on Creamer was pretty rough as well.

I stated earlier emotions on the OHS side got to them. 2 technicals in the 1st half on players running their mouth! I know emotions get high in a game like that, but, you expect more from your upperclassmen. As far as the charges go, Alex Gray should win 9 Oscars for his roll in "FLOPPING". Ive seen it way too many times. The moving screen on Creamer was completely legit, he did it a couple of times in the 1st half and wasn't called. If you noticed Bridges talking to Andy Thomason at the start of the 3rd quarter........the bug was put in his ear. I know that first hand.

IMO, the turning point of the game was the bogus "goaltending" call when Douglas drove the lane. That was a clear block by both Boyle and Graham. That puts OHS up by 3 with just under 3:00 to go. Here, Embry and Drake start to "hold" the ball and try to kill clock which was a huge mistake that cost them the game. Hats off to the Eagles for a great game plan. BTW, Lewis never took a shot in the game. If he did, I dont remember it. I just remember seeing Shelton facing him the entire game. The crazy thing about this Eagle team, they could end up in Rupp or lose the first game to Ohio Co. Who's going to show up.

I stated earlier emotions on the OHS side got to them. 2 technicals in the 1st half on players running their mouth! I know emotions get high in a game like that, but, you expect more from your upperclassmen. As far as the charges go, Alex Gray should win 9 Oscars for his roll in "FLOPPING". Ive seen it way too many times. The moving screen on Creamer was completely legit, he did it a couple of times in the 1st half and wasn't called. If you noticed Bridges talking to Andy Thomason at the start of the 3rd quarter........the bug was put in his ear. I know that first hand.

IMO, the turning point of the game was the bogus "goaltending" call when Douglas drove the lane. That was a clear block by both Boyle and Graham. That puts OHS up by 3 with just under 3:00 to go. Here, Embry and Drake start to "hold" the ball and try to kill clock which was a huge mistake that cost them the game. Hats off to the Eagles for a great game plan. BTW, Lewis never took a shot in the game. If he did, I dont remember it. I just remember seeing Shelton facing him the entire game. The crazy thing about this Eagle team, they could end up in Rupp or lose the first game to Ohio Co. Who's going to show up.

Lewis got one but he was totally a non factor. But that's it. Baseball and track season for OHS. Good luck.