Russell 28 Wheelersburg (OH) 14 (Frosh)

DevilMayCare

Did you see the game DMC? If so who stood out for Russell?

Yeah, I saw the game. Just got home a little while ago. Sharp, Conley, Jachimczuk, and both lines played really well. Russell dominated this game more than the score suggests. Ethan Sharp had a couple of long TD runs called back and Nathan Conley had one long TD called back. They couldn't stop Sharp. He broke off one long run after another.

Wheelersburg's two scores came on a kickoff return and a late TD scored on Russell's 2nd stringers. It was 28-8 with a couple of minutes left. All around, it was a pretty strong showing from the Devils. The future looks bright for Russell football. I think they play Raceland next week.

Russell was supposed to play Ironton last Thursday but never did see a score for that game.

I'm not 100% sure, but that game was probably cancelled. All that rain a couple of weeks ago pushed the freshman game vs Greenup back to Labor Day Monday. The Ironton game would have given them two freshman games, three days apart. There are rules about how many quarters kids can play in a week, so Russell may have just dropped the Ironton game.