Best run states are low-tax Republican; worst are high-tax Democratic, study finds

Some things here seemed a bit off. On the 10 best-run states side, is Florida "solidly Republican?" I get the others, but Florida?

On the 10 worst-run states, Kentucky, West Virginia, & Louisiana aren't exactly what I would call liberal hotbeds. :lol2: The others certainly appear to be more left-leaning though.

The information was released by The Mercatus Center at George Mason University, and it covered the following measures: states' ability to pay bills, avoid budget deficits, meet long-term spending needs, & cover pension liabilities (cough, Kentucky, cough).

I'm not going to pretend to be an expert on these matters, but I did find the information interesting & thought I'd share it with BGP.

Best-Run States Are Low-Tax Republican, Worst-Run Are High-Tax Democratic, Study Finds | Stock News & Stock Market Analysis - IBD

New Jersey being the worst-run state is another reminder of how far Chris Christie has fallen. I honestly thought the guy would be President some day, and would have voted for him, but he has really been a poor Governor.

I think he really was a good governor until he set his sights on the White House. Then, it all went to hell in a handbasket.