Please Bring Back Sectional Tournament

Trinity is going to have to play Scott County in the second round, and then you look down and notice PRP and Johnson Central are also in the same bracket.

Rowan? Boyle? GRC? Knox? Marion? All in the same bracket. All average to slightly above average teams. Most are very average.

I can't believe how "watered down" the state tournament is now. You end up having the championship game in the second round.

We need to fix this somehow.

Trinity is going to have to play Scott County in the second round, and then you look down and notice PRP and Johnson Central are also in the same bracket.

Rowan? Boyle? GRC? Knox? Marion? All in the same bracket. All average to slightly above average teams. Most are very average.

I can't believe how "watered down" the state tournament is now. You end up having the championship game in the second round.

We need to fix this somehow.

How would you propose fixing it? Something that would actually work?

No matter the system you will always have strong teams meet in the earlier rounds.

How would you propose fixing it? Something that would actually work?

No matter the system you will always have strong teams meet in the earlier rounds.

I'm not 100% sure. However, I do know the Sectional tournament did a lot to weed out the weaker teams. The reason it was so successful is because of the three game series. There wasn't a chance of a one game fluke upset. The better team always would go and once you got there you had to win three games to win it, and because of the sectional you always had strong teams. Granted, the mountain team on average would be weaker but you would get the better team out of the mountains.

The only other way I know to make it stronger would be to do a "Super Sectional" tournament the week before the state tournament at UK or EKU or somewhere like that. It could again be another 3-game series and then the next weekend you could play four team single elimination for the state championship. That way the four best teams in the state would have their #1 and #2 pitchers available for the semifinals and finals.

Another way that will never happen is to make-up a selection committee that is made up of sportswriters from around the state to pick the best teams in the state. One thing I like about this is that it would force teams to beef up theur schedules. I know this will never happen but I still think it would be interesting.

Spent all day watching college baseball and I was thinking the same thing. The bottom bracket is a bear this season. Going off of what some have said, the super regional would be an idea. It may be the most idiotic thing ever posted to some but I'll share.

Regions 1-4

Regions 5-8

Regions 9-12

Regions 13-16

Neutral site each year with a double elimination format over three days. Then the following weekend bring the winners from each one of those subdivisions to Lexington to play another double elimination format. This would not extend the postseason any from the existing format and it would be similar to the current football alignment as far as West vs East.