Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Cake Classic

Featured Replies

I thought she played very well, but I am a bit biased there.;)

 

Betty Menkhaus and Amanda Watt were named to the all tournament team and Lauren Snyder was MVP.

 

In truth, all the girls played their A game yesterday.

If I am reading the results correctly, Russell did not do so well. Looks like one win against Campbell County and Losses to Simon Kenton, Villa, Holy Cross and Apollo.

In the old days we used to hear that a lot from Ludlow fans, but not any other opponents. Havent heard it in recent years though.

 

I do not know how Russell finished. Unfortunately did not have the opportunity to see them play.

 

My friend BigZig remembers those old days and he verified for me that they would chant, "Kill the Cakes" and in those days things were pretty even between the 2 schools.

My friend BigZig remembers those old days and he verified for me that they would chant, "Kill the Cakes" and in those days things were pretty even between the 2 schools.

 

 

I was around during that time too. I remember "Kill the Cakes". I believe we had chants about "River Rats" as well. Not very classy on either side, but we all did it.

 

I have to say that most of the confrontations were strictly verbal. I don't remember any physical fights or vandalism like you hear about today. So, from that standpoint, I guess it was pretty harmless stuff.

 

 

BigZig was telling the truth. Athletically speaking, the schools were very even back then.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.