Who pays for Pitino's flights?

the game guy

Does UL general fund give a subsidy to UL athletics?

I could be wrong, but I believe the university still charges an athletics department fee to every tuition-paying student. They definitely did when I was there. Hated it then, hate it even more now that I've had to read about how profitable the athletics department is supposed to be these days.

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I could be wrong, but I believe the university still charges an athletics department fee to every tuition-paying student. They definitely did when I was there. Hated it then, hate it even more now that I've had to read about how profitable the athletics department is supposed to be these days.

Isn't that fee one of the big reasons they are profitable? Well I should as profitable as they are. They are making money regardless.

Isn't that fee one of the big reasons they are profitable? Well I should as profitable as they are. They are making money regardless.

Definitely. It doesn't seem sustainable to me, but they don't seem to ask me what I think about the subsidy when I get my bi-annual donation solicitation phone calls.