Region 9 Girls Golf

Regional tourney time is fast approaching (Sept 25 for girls, Sept 26 for guys) and anyone have any thoughts on Region 9.

Estill, Harrison and Mason should fight it out for the regional title and runnerup spot and berth into the state tournament.

What about individual honors? Erica Swisher from Mason County, Tiffany McGuire from Madison Southern, who else should be considered a favorite.

Regional course is at Mt. Sterling Country Club which I hear can be a bear to putt on.

Regional tourney time is fast approaching (Sept 25 for girls, Sept 26 for guys) and anyone have any thoughts on Region 9.

Estill, Harrison and Mason should fight it out for the regional title and runnerup spot and berth into the state tournament.

What about individual honors? Erica Swisher from Mason County, Tiffany McGuire from Madison Southern, who else should be considered a favorite.

Regional course is at Mt. Sterling Country Club which I hear can be a bear to putt on.

Ellie Parker from Montgomery Co. will be tough to beat with a BIG home course advantage.

Mt. Sterling CC is in great shape right now. I'm thinking a score of around 85 should be good enough to make it to state.

Ellie Parker from Montgomery Co. will be tough to beat with a BIG home course advantage.

Mt. Sterling CC is in great shape right now. I'm thinking a score of around 85 should be good enough to make it to state.

Montgomery not fielding a team might open up the field for some others to grab a state tournament berth.

Without Montgomery County involved in the team competition, 2-3 golfers should get bids through the team process that would have usually got them through individual process.

• 3 weeks later...