Explosion Reported at DP&L' s Stuart Station

lawildcat

So…..today was some day. Thankful that things turned out much more positive than was first being reported and that every family is whole. The company first responders did an excellent job and the local first responders as well. Say prayers for those injured.

More to be learned about the incident today, but my unofficial perspective: this was a mechanical failure resulting in a high pressure explosion, likely a critical piece of equipment. It appears that there is significant damage to external doors, windows, roofing. There may be some structural issues with some office areas.

Today serves as a reminder that your life can be changed in the blink of an eye, regardless of how safe you may consider your profession. I was very appreciative of the multiple calls that I began to get almost immediately from people that I knew from working at other power plants.

Hopefully tomorrow brings better news. Be safe out there, you really never know.

I thought you worked there or around there. I couldn't remember exactly where you told me.

Regardless, most importantly, you are safe and ok.

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images