Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Plainfield (IN) 61 Highlands 55

Featured Replies

Final

Final

Well thought out, detailed, comprehensive summation

  • Author
Well thought out, detailed, comprehensive summation

 

All I got! Was in a hurry! Get back to ya!

All I got! Was in a hurry! Get back to ya!

 

That is a typical answer we get. LOL

That is a typical answer we get. LOL

Maybe not typical, but most accurate post he's made

  • Author

I don't like either one of you!

No diatribe and a few words, we might need to check RCC for a fever!

  • Author
No diatribe and a few words, we might need to check RCC for a fever!

 

Sorry, I'm really busy at work, home and trying to get the sport that carries HHS...softball...up and running again!

 

Here's what I got.

 

The game was very competitive throughout. To me, Plainfield was a very skilled and disciplined team. They start 3 D1 kids. They also shot the ball well and were able to spread you out...forcing you to play all 5 offensive players on the floor...which I thought HHS did a pretty good job with them. They had a couple nice bigs and as is gonna be the case in probably every game, they outsized HHS. However, as I suspected, that hasn't really been an issue so far with this HHS team. They are physical and diligent about boxing out. They have to be! They are also able to rotate to double down when needed and quickly recover.

 

I think Plainfield led most of the game...usually between 2-5 points and never really getting much further than that. Early in the 4th with a 2 point game, Martin got her 4th foul. The Birds went to a more slow down game to buy some time with Martin out. They did lose a little ground at that point and I think the lead went to the largest in the game. (7 or 8 I think). The Birds were never really able to recover after that. The Plainfield team was well coached and stayed poised as HHS tried to make their comeback. So it wasn't in the cards for the Birds that day.

 

The Birds are a work in progress. They have played some really good teams already this season and have passed the tests I have been looking at. With mostly new players coming together to contribute on a high level, we knew there would be some growing pains in the flow of the game and turnovers. Once this group learns to trust each other and eliminates some really sloppy turnovers (and it's not like they have a lot, just seem timely and easy ones to clean up), they should be pretty good in the home stretch.

Good to hear! Hope to catch them in action soon.

I may try to catch the birds Thursday at Dub V, since they'll be in my neck of the woods.

 

RCC9, I assume you will be there?

  • Author

I may not. We have started winter workouts for softball and this is our first week back after a couple weeks off. So I probably will have to skip this one. Hopefully we can connect down the road though!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.