Xavier vs Clemson Thoughts

Today at 1:30, in Orlando, in the semi-finals of the Tire Pro Invitational, Xavier will play Brad Brownell's bunch from Clemson. KenPom, one of my favorites, has Xavier at 17 (sounds a lot closer to accurate than the 7-11 they've been ranked in polls thus far) and Clemson at 20. This will be one of the few games this year on Xavier's schedule where the best player & prospect is on the other team: Jaron Blossomgame. Xavier only has 8 dudes currently, they just played an OT games 22 hours prior, while Clemson coasted through their game with Stef Curry-less Davidson.

While I concur with UKMF that Xavier won't shoot the ball that poorly again from the perimeter (I hope), the turnovers that have plagued them, and the perpetual foul trouble they've toyed with, both will likely still exist.

I say Clemson by 2-4.

Side-note: I hope whatever happens in the two semi's today, that Northern Iowa and Xavier don't do the same thing (both win or both lose), since they play each other already at Cintas on the 26th. Playing them back-to-back would be dumb.

Xavier's talent level is superior to Clemson's

I think herein lies the fallacy of this team (currently without Myles and Kaiser).

They have 8 dudes:

1 Pro

2 Really good college players

2 highly regarded and talented FRESHMEN

1 kid whose only other actual offer was Illinois St.

2 low level senior transfers

The "talent" pool of this team, today, is grossly over-stated.

I get what you're saying about Bernard and Gaston, but just because they were at smaller schools doesn't mean they can't play a little (I actually think Gaston is pretty good).

I mean Maurice Watson was a low level transfer too. He's doing alright at the big stage (and yes, I know there's no comparison between him and them).

I get what you're saying about Bernard and Gaston, but just because they were at smaller schools doesn't mean they can't play a little (I actually think Gaston is pretty good).

I mean Maurice Watson was a low level transfer too. He's doing alright at the big stage (and yes, I know there's no comparison between him and them).

I like Bernard (lot of the stuff Remy Abell did is handled here, really good defender) and Gaston, they are okay, but as 5th and 7th guys, when the 5th and 7th guys at other top 10 teams are 4 and 5 star kids, it just lessens your room for error.

I think Xavier will be a 10-12 team when fully rostered, that just isn't the case today.

If they don't have Gates back 100% for Baylor in Waco, that could be a real problem. Followed up by the Buffs in Boulder. The current 8-Men out need some help and quick.

I think herein lies the fallacy of this team (currently without Myles and Kaiser).

They have 8 dudes:

1 Pro

2 Really good college players

2 highly regarded and talented FRESHMEN

1 kid whose only other actual offer was Illinois St.

2 low level senior transfers

The "talent" pool of this team, today, is grossly over-stated.

Don't hate on my guy O'Mara.

Just stating facts, no hate. He wouldn't sniff the rotation at UK, Duke, Nova, Kansas...and those are the schools Xavier is battling at this point. If they were still screwing with Rhody and St Joe's, Sean would be fine.

HATER!!!

I like Bernard (lot of the stuff Remy Abell did is handled here, really good defender) and Gaston, they are okay, but as 5th and 7th guys, when the 5th and 7th guys at other top 10 teams are 4 and 5 star kids, it just lessens your room for error.

I think Xavier will be a 10-12 team when fully rostered, that just isn't the case today.

If they don't have Gates back 100% for Baylor in Waco, that could be a real problem. Followed up by the Buffs in Boulder. The current 8-Men out need some help and quick.

What's up with Gates? Is it his knee? When's he supposed to be back, I haven't heard.

And Davis...Is he done for good, or is there still hope he's back at some point?

What's up with Gates? Is it his knee? When's he supposed to be back, I haven't heard.

And Davis...Is he done for good, or is there still hope he's back at some point?

Gates has a lower leg issue, tried to go yesterday, couldn't. Won't be long.

Davis can play again in mid-December, but when he does is only known by one guy. If Myles isn't staying in tip top shape, that will certainly slow things down.