Dayton 77 Alabama 72

Getslow

Flyers win down in Tuscaloosa in an early afternoon game as part of the ESPN Tip-Off Marathon.

Dark clouds over this one... Flyers may have lost their starting power forward on the final play of the game. Josh Cunningham dunked the final field goal of the game but was contacted by an Alabama player and came down with his knee buckled up. It looks bad.

Dayton's center passed away of an enlarged heart during the offseason and the other power forward has been out with various nagging injuries.

The Flyers made the NCAA tournament a couple years ago with no player taller than 6'6"... Archie may have to work that kind of magic again.

I'm sure I'm over-stating it, but I feel like UD has beaten Bama about 10 times in the last 3 years. Glad to see them do it again.

Played during, I think , four of Anthony Grant's seasons there plus the last two years.

Plus, UD loves scheduling SEC teams. Getting a win against a middling SEC team is an easy way to push up your own RPI come March. Flyers have Vandy here in a couple weeks.

I'd be genuinely excited if I hadn't just heard the UD radio guys call Cunningham's fall just now and sound like they'd just watched somebody get shot. Place was dead silent.