BGP Fantasy Football League 2016 ~ Week Eight

Godot

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Poor roster management on your part. A good owner/manager gives himself depth and options to overcome bye weeks. :D

Do not necessarily agree with this. In my leagues where YTD points are not a factor in awarding playoff spots, I"d prefer to have all my players with the same bye week.

Do not necessarily agree with this. In my leagues where YTD points are not a factor in awarding playoff spots, I"d prefer to have all my players with the same bye week.

You're my second favorite team this week. You better take care of business!

@Godot

If a player is placed on Injured Reserve in our league, does that mean they can't be removed the rest of the season? I did try to look it up in our rules but didn't see an answer.

I know we talked about it, but I'll put it here too.

My understanding is if you put a player on IR he's there for the rest of the year, but you now have an open roster spot.

Whoever put Charles Sims on IR, kind of a waste.

I know we talked about it, but I'll put it here too.

My understanding is if you put a player on IR he's there for the rest of the year, but you now have an open roster spot.

Whoever put Charles Sims on IR, kind of a waste.

Yeah, I am sure that you're right. But just wanted to double check, especially since the boss used an IR spot on Shane Vereen.

@Godot

If a player is placed on Injured Reserve in our league, does that mean they can't be removed the rest of the season? I did try to look it up in our rules but didn't see an answer.

The only way you can remove them this year most be to cut them.

Yeah, I am sure that you're right. But just wanted to double check, especially since the boss used an IR spot on Shane Vereen.
The only way to put a player on IR is if they go out and have been placed on the NFL IR list (meaning they are not coming back this year).

My thinking with Vereen was that I can get a replacement player without actually cutting him. If some else goes down that needs that spot, I'll just cut Vereen and use the IR spot for the one that needs it.

Thursday Scores

Shelby Valley Night Hawks (0 pts) at Atwood Fighting' Amish * (7 pts)

West Kentucky Rams (0 pts) at Jungle Junkies (9 pts)

Richmond Outsiders * (36 pts) at West Paducah Rabbit Fists * (32 pts)

Possum Trot WarHogs (27 pts) at Maysville Split Ends (0 pts)

Sunfish SubVet (7 pts) at Shelby Cardinals (0 pts)

Jacksonville Swaguars ® (8 pts) at Johnsville Riverhawks (15 pts)

Boyle County Killa Bees (0 pts) at Big Creek Moonshiners (11 pts)

Grant Green Thumbers (15 pts) at Beantown Deflators * (0 pts)

Auxier RiverRats * (0 pts) at Ocala Possums (5 pts)

Kalamazoo Wings (0 pts) at Sawville GymShoes * (18 pts)

Brush Creek Rusty Ankles (5 pts) at Jabez Sasquatch (0 pts)

Just took a look at the standings in the National Conference. Looks like the Landry and Gibbs divisions are going to go down to the wire. All are 4-3 or 3-4. The Shula and Walsh divisions aren't decided, but they're a little more spread out.

So from a playoff perspective, the division winners and two wildcards make it, correct? The top two division winners get a bye?