Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Week 4 : Lone Oak @ Caldwell County

Featured Replies

That is a shame. I would have really liked to play aginst him in a couple weeks. He was a good athlete. Is this his senior year?
I think Ptown Dude meant that Bell wouldn't face Lone Oak this year, either ... not that he's out for the rest of the season. But the way things are going with him, who knows?
  • Author

Bell not playing really hurts Caldwell County. I think it will be a lower scoring game than I had orginally thought. I think Lone Oak wins by a couple of touchdowns 27 to 13

I just think it's a shame a kid can't stay eligible. It's not like you have to be an honor roll student or anything. Hopefully Bell gets back for the Trigg County game in two weeks.

 

Caldwell's game plan will remain the same this week, which is to try to wear out Lone Oak in the first half and then win the game in the second half. It's worked the last two weeks, but Lone Oak looks to be better than either Crittenden County or Union County.

 

For those close to the Purple Flash, how deep is the team and how much of a factor do you anticipate conditioning to be Friday? Surely coach Haskins will try to sub a lot or slow the game down some.

  • Author

Lone Oak is a fairly deep team. However. we have 3 or 4 kids that go both ways. Lone Oak is still a young team. We only start 2 seniors. I feel some of our sophmores are still a year away and that hurts us. We have more team speed this year & are a stronger squad. We were just not able to compete with Marshall last week. I figure Caldwell will spread it out on offense & throw a lot of short passes. I really like the Williams kid. I hope we can stop Wilson & Webster from pressuring our quarterback. With the loss of Bell, someone may step up and play a big game that scares me.

I think it's imperative for Caldwell to pressure and contain Robinson (easier said than done). If the Lone Oak QB has time to pass, he'll likely hit some big plays against Caldwell's secondary (like Mayfield's QB was able to do).

 

I can really see this game going a lot of different ways. Should be interesting.

I'll take Caldwell at home. Bell's absence hurt more last year than it will this year, as I think Caldwell is less one-deminsional than previously. A close one fueled by Blackpatch.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.