George Rogers Clark 28 Montgomery County 14

Good for the boys but I would say that will be the last win of the season. I have seen them play 3 or 4 times the last 2 yrs and they have some good looking kids BUT I don't know about anything else. I hope for the kids sake they can win some more. I have heard that Montgomery is very bad.

Good for the boys but I would say that will be the last win of the season. I have seen them play 3 or 4 times the last 2 yrs and they have some good looking kids BUT I don't know about anything else. I hope for the kids sake they can win some more. I have heard that Montgomery is very bad.

Montgomery has to turn the program over, and I think they will in time, with the new coaching staff, as long as they give it time. They are a big school that has to make their own talent.

GRC snaps losing streak, beats Montgomery

The streak is over.

For the first time since Halloween of 2014, the Cardinals have a victory.

After 14 losses, the George Rogers Clark High School football team has defeated rival Montgomery County to snap the skid. The Cardinals were 28-14 victors in a competitive and physical game.

When things looked to be going against GRC, defensive player Nick Willoughby happened. After a collision on the line of scrimmage popped the ball into the air, Willoughby snagged it and raced 17 yards for the score.

Willoughby found himself picking up a fumble with nothing but green in front of him. He sprinted 45 yards and scored again.

With 3:19 left in the game and Montgomery County on its own 27, the Indians quarterback rolled out the pocket and just before he let loose a pass downfield he was tackled from behind.

The ball bounced loose again. Willoughby picked it up again. He scored again.

GRC snaps losing streak, beats Montgomery - The Winchester Sun: GRC Sports