Is it crazy to have Manual at # 5 in the state

If you'll notice, Bluegrass Preps does not have Manual ranked in the Top 10, let alone Top 5. This rating is just a bunch of people voting in the Courier-Journal Poll who are probably basing their votes on the talent that Manual had in 2005, without knowing that 90% of this talent graduated last year. I agree with you that in 2006, this high rating is ridiculous. That is why some polls are better than others. :cool:

Does anyone think they'll remain in the AP top 10 after the 49-6 pounding they took from Brentwood Academy? Will the voters give them the benefit of the doubt because they played an out of state team? Or will they get dropped because a 7 TD loss is not something that happens to a top 5 team regardless of the opponent?

I think they'll fall out of the top 10.

I do not believe ANYONE at Manual would lose any sleep if they did drop out of the top 5 (or top 10). What the heck does it matter after the first week? If anyone wants to be ranked that high in a preseason poll a year after graduating 30+ seniors, keep competing with the best teams possible and you may experience the same respect. Is it warranted? Probably not at this point in time. But what the heck is the big deal? Most people (in the sporting community) could care less what the C-J says or what the AP poll says until December.

I hope they drop us out of the top twenty so some of you can finally get some sleep and stop worrying about Manual.:laugh:

By the way, that Brentwood Academy team would beat alot of top teams in our area. Believe it or not!

I do not believe ANYONE at Manual would lose any sleep if they did drop out of the top 5 (or top 10). What the heck does it matter after the first week? If anyone wants to be ranked that high in a preseason poll a year after graduating 30+ seniors, keep competing with the best teams possible and you may experience the same respect. Is it warranted? Probably not at this point in time. But what the heck is the big deal? Most people (in the sporting community) could care less what the C-J says or what the AP poll says until December.

I hope they drop us out of the top twenty so some of you can finally get some sleep and stop worrying about Manual.:laugh:

By the way, that Brentwood Academy team would beat alot of top teams in our area. Believe it or not!

GR8BigBull, you are too knowledgeable of a football fan to let your Crimson glasses obscure your vision. You know as well as I that that #5 rating was "gas on the brain" by a collection of supposedly all-knowing 4A coaches. :lol:

As much as I like seeing them in the top 10, in no way do I think they belong there. But I'm curious to see how they develope over the season. Every game they'll get that much more experience, and we should see how they learn and hopefully improve each week. Who knows, maybe by the time they get to St. X they'll be a completely different team.

GR8BigBull, you are too knowledgeable of a football fan to let your Crimson glasses obscure your vision. You know as well as I that that #5 rating was "gas on the brain" by a collection of supposedly all-knowing 4A coaches. :lol:

What did you not understand about my post OX? Did I ever once say that I felt Manual deserved that preseason #5 Ranking? I don't believe I did. I just think alot of people worry about those rankings more than they should.

What did you not understand about my post OX? Did I ever once say that I felt Manual deserved that preseason #5 Ranking? I don't believe I did. I just think alot of people worry about those rankings more than they should.

No misunderstanding, because I've got more Crimson blood flowing in my veins than most. Nevertheless, I am a realist who supports Manual in every game but one ( I created the Great Schism in my family). The fact of the matter is Manual is way down this year and may be fortunate to win a total of four games this season. :cool:

I have stood by my early contention that this young team will get better as the season goes on. The players work hard and have good attitudes.

If we can dodge the "injury bug" then the experience will only make the team better. Five games would be a major accomplishment with the youth of this team against the "outrageous" schedule.

I have stood by my early contention that this young team will get better as the season goes on. The players work hard and have good attitudes.

If we can dodge the "injury bug" then the experience will only make the team better. Five games would be a major accomplishment with the youth of this team against the "outrageous" schedule.

That "outrageous" schedule is why I predict four victories at the most (Eastern, Meade Co., Butler, and Iroquois). At that, it may be a stretch because historically Manual plays poorly against Eastern, and Meade Co. looks like they may be much better than predicted. :cool:

That "outrageous" schedule is why I predict four victories at the most (Eastern, Meade Co., Butler, and Iroquois). At that, it may be a stretch because historically Manual plays poorly against Eastern, and Meade Co. looks like they may be much better than predicted. :cool:

Manual's schedule is looking tougher by the day. Eastern has some returning talent, and Meade did pretty well against Butler, who is also supposedly impvroved (and Meade probably wants some revenge for the two times Manual beat them last year). Warren Central is also looking to keep up their improvements they've displayed the past few years. Iroqouis has had a surprising amount of talk (although Manual should still be the favorite going into that game). I don't envy the seniors on this team, but I wish them the best. If they can pull off a winning season, I would think they'll most definitely earn a spot in next years rankings.

If they can pull off a winning season, I would think they'll most definitely earn a spot in next years rankings.

I've made no mention of the 2007 season. But I have vehemently stated that such high expectations as #5 in 2006 are totally ridiculous. I thoroughly agree with you ramm2003 that just a "winning season" in 2006 would be a major accomplishment for Coach Nichols' crew in 2006. There is just no way the Crimsons belong in the Top 10 for 2006. :cool:

I've made no mention of the 2007 season. But I have vehemently stated that such high expectations as #5 in 2006 are totally ridiculous. I thoroughly agree with you ramm2003 that just a "winning season" in 2006 would be a major accomplishment for Coach Nichols' crew in 2006. There is just no way the Crimsons belong in the Top 10 for 2006. :cool:

Yeah, I'm sure it's just based off of last years performance. I'd love to see them step up to be a top 10 team, though. That'd be pretty sweet.