February 25, 201610 yr Like I have posted/stated in the past, I feel a DUTY to cast a vote to honor those who died for my freedom and right to do so. If I'm inconvenienced a little for just a few hours out of one day to do so, so be it. I will never take it for granted and I'll never complain about being inconvenienced. SUCK IT UP FOR ONE DAMN DAY! The above is directed at you Twotoplace, just how I look at the issue. I know you will not agree. Who was the first candidate for POTUS that you voted for? Roosevelt(Teddy) j/k I bet many of the younger posters on this board wouldn't even recognize the name of the guy I voted for(the only non-Dem I ever voted for).
February 25, 201610 yr Just pullin' your chain, havin' fun. Don't know how much easier it can be other than taking the process to the person wherever they are. I'm sure we can improve on that process but whatever the future generations come up with they just have to make sure, one LIVE person one vote. Yep, and no hanging chads.
February 25, 201610 yr Who was the first candidate for POTUS that you voted for? Roosevelt(Teddy) j/k I bet many of the younger posters on this board wouldn't even recognize the name of the guy I voted for(the only non-Dem I ever voted for). John Anderson?
February 25, 201610 yr Who was the first candidate for POTUS that you voted for? Roosevelt(Teddy) j/k I bet many of the younger posters on this board wouldn't even recognize the name of the guy I voted for(the only non-Dem I ever voted for). He was a Whig, right?
February 25, 201610 yr My first presidential vote was for Jimmy Carter vs. Reagan, before I knew any better. I've voted in every presidential election since then. My first vote for a non-D was GWB, Al Gore made me switch. I can't imagine what it would take for me to ever vote for a D again.
February 25, 201610 yr The first candidate I ever voted for in a Presidential race: [ATTACH=CONFIG]54958[/ATTACH] Thought he was a good man at the time. Very conservative Republican when he began who then became more to the center but was still a conservative. Not afraid to disagree with his Republican colleagues. Edited February 25, 201610 yr by OlDog75
February 25, 201610 yr Good man. Very conservative Republican when he began who then became more to the center but was still a conservative. Not afraid to disagree with his Republican colleagues. I think that's what I liked about him as an 18 yo first-time voter. He seemed to be a guy that would speak his mind, even if his view was contrary to those in the "establishment." I guess, at least in that respect, I can see why some people gravitate towards Trump. He collected 5,719,849 votes in addition to mine( 6.6% of the popular vote).
February 25, 201610 yr John Anderson? He always reminded me a bit of Harry Morgan. Maybe his mannerisms, way he spoke, or resemblance. Not sure why.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.