Registered to vote in a new state

Like I have posted/stated in the past, I feel a DUTY to cast a vote to honor those who died for my freedom and right to do so. If I'm inconvenienced a little for just a few hours out of one day to do so, so be it. I will never take it for granted and I'll never complain about being inconvenienced. SUCK IT UP FOR ONE DAMN DAY!

The above is directed at you Twotoplace, just how I look at the issue. I know you will not agree.

Who was the first candidate for POTUS that you voted for? Roosevelt(Teddy) :) j/k I bet many of the younger posters on this board wouldn't even recognize the name of the guy I voted for(the only non-Dem I ever voted for).

Who was the first candidate for POTUS that you voted for? Roosevelt(Teddy) :) j/k I bet many of the younger posters on this board wouldn't even recognize the name of the guy I voted for(the only non-Dem I ever voted for).

John Anderson?

He was a Whig, right?

My first presidential vote was for Jimmy Carter vs. Reagan, before I knew any better. I've voted in every presidential election since then. My first vote for a non-D was GWB, Al Gore made me switch.

I can't imagine what it would take for me to ever vote for a D again.

The first candidate I ever voted for in a Presidential race:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]54958[/ATTACH]

Thought he was a good man at the time. Very conservative Republican when he began who then became more to the center but was still a conservative. Not afraid to disagree with his Republican colleagues.

Edited by OlDog75

Good man. Very conservative Republican when he began who then became more to the center but was still a conservative. Not afraid to disagree with his Republican colleagues.

I think that's what I liked about him as an 18 yo first-time voter. He seemed to be a guy that would speak his mind, even if his view was contrary to those in the "establishment." I guess, at least in that respect, I can see why some people gravitate towards Trump.

He collected 5,719,849 votes in addition to mine( 6.6% of the popular vote).