2nd Region Update 1/17

WKY

Henderson hoptown game one that you didn't want to watch. 70 free throws 40 hoptown 30 Henderson. Henderson point gaurd hurt start of 2nd quarter. So that was two out, two fouled out middle of 3 rd then two more middle of 4 th at that time they lead by 4. Henderson had 6 players left in the game that could play. Hope these two meet again and we see them get to do more than free throws.

2nd region officiating has been very up and down this year. One game the kids can play a game that has some flow to it then the next game it is a free throw exhibition. It sounds like Hopkinsville had everything working in their favor with the injuries and foul trouble for Henderson County but still only managed a close win. If this game was played again it may end differently. I still think Henderson County is ahead of Hopkinsville but the margin is narrowing quickly.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Henderson gets health they will have a shot but if they can't then they will not go to state. Owens did warm up and was dressed out. But carter could be out for a while. If these same three refs do the Webster game I will just walk out.

Doesn't matter where the game between Hendo and a Webster is played or how many Hendo starters are missing, If Webster is without point guard and only senior Gibson it will be an a big upset if Hendo loses! Webster will struggle to replace 2 starters because they are still so young and don't have the depth or experience to match Hendo.

You can't beat the Cols starting an 8th grader, two freshman, one sophomore, and a junior! At least not this year!

And I would bet money Owens plays Thursday! Without Gibson to guard her, my guess is she will have a great game!

They definitely miss the point guard, but missing two starters with a big difference against Central. Gibson also handles the ball very well. I agree probably would not have made 21 point difference but certainly would have helped to have her as far as settling down a young team.

When central plays together and pressures well defensively along with making outside shots, they can play with anybody in the region! Upset Daviess County earlier this year as an example!

Doesn't matter where the game between Hendo and a Webster is played or how many Hendo starters are missing, If Webster is without point guard and only senior Gibson it will be an a big upset if Hendo loses! Webster will struggle to replace 2 starters because they are still so young and don't have the depth or experience to match Hendo.

You can't beat the Cols starting an 8th grader, two freshman, one sophomore, and a junior! At least not this year!

And I would bet money Owens plays Thursday! Without Gibson to guard her, my guess is she will have a great game!

According to twitter, Webster County started Duncan, Keeney, Winders, Winstead and Warford. A junior, 2 sophomores, and 2 freshman. Still a young lineup but Webster County's young isn't the same as everyone else's young. Their young kids have been together for a long time and may be the best group I have ever seen come out of Webster County. Not having Gibson hurts but not as much as you would think. Payne is a huge loss and will show when they face Henderson County. Coach Haile won't jeopardize Owens health and long-term availability over 1 game no matter who they are playing.

First, I agree coach Haile wouldn't jeopardize any player's long term health for any reason! That's not what I meant. I just mean that Owens was dressed and on the bench last night so more than likely she will play tomorrow night. Sorry if it seemed like I meant otherwise.

As for webster's starting line up against Central being two freshman, two sophomore and a junior, the Austin kid is an 8th grader and did start recently and has played a lot the last several games. I figured she would start again in K. Payne's place as she did before and the other 8th grader A. Payne would also start instead of sophomore Winstead!

Again you are right either way super young inexperienced group to take on Hendo! I also agree Webster's program is certainly on the rise and one to watch in the next few years! I expect to see them win the region in a year or two!

But in my opinion Henderson is still 3x defending Regional Champion. They are most experienced group and believe they are the best team in the region and will repeat this year unless Hoptown knocked them off!

I agree if Henderson County is healthy, meaning Carter and Owens at 100%, they are the most likely team to win region this year if because of nothing else than their experience and dominance of late. But I wouldn't be surprised to see any of the top 5 teams to win region this year (Henderson, Madisonville, Central, Hoptown, Webster)

. It's awesome you guys know so much about girls 2nd region basketball. Tomorrow I just think Webster young players will be ready and knock off Henderson with no Owens and Carter. I would guess Owens will play next week to stay on safe side.

Me too! Should be interesting to see who is healthy enough to play and if Webster can handle Henderson's pressure without Payne!

Wish both teams could have the same starters healthy that they had last time the two played! That would be best for all Region 2 Fans!