Maryland officer faces 5 to 45 years in prison for putting gun to innocent man's head

SportsGuy41017

A Prince George’s County police officer who put a gun to a man’s head during a stop in Bowie was found guilty in court on Wednesday.

Officer Jenchesky Santiago was convicted on charges of first and second degree assault, misconduct in office and the use of a firearm in the commission of a crime of violence. Santiago faces a minimum of five years in prison without parole and a maximum of 45 years in prison.

Santiago's bond was revoked, and his wife cried as he was taken away in handcuffs. He will remain in custody until his sentencing on January 8.

Prince George?s Co. officer who held gun to man?s head found guilty - Story | WTTG

That guy doesn't need to be a police officer...I think a long sentence would be overkill. Fire him, take his pension, give him some jail time but 40 years or what ever would be crazy wrong.

I don't know what the right length would be, but no way should it be at the upper end of that range.

That guy doesn't need to be a police officer...I think a long sentence would be overkill. Fire him, take his pension, give him some jail time but 40 years or what ever would be crazy wrong.

I don't know what the right length would be, but no way should it be at the upper end of that range.

There are murderers that don't get 40 years. He should be punished but I agree, the upper end is way too much.