Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Knife violence

Featured Replies

I believe it was HB20 who a few weeks ago mentioned knife violence? I don't recall too much of the post, but here is what damage that a person can do with a knife. I did edit it down in attempt the not show too much.

 

WARNING! Graphic content

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEn4-KyQHAY

  • Author

Why didn't the officers shoot the man? It happened in Venezuela, there would have been a very good chance of them being charged with murder if they shot and killed a guy with a knife, even if he was attacking.

Why didn't the officers shoot the man? It happened in Venezuela, there would have been a very good chance of them being charged with murder if they shot and killed a guy with a knife, even if he was attacking.

 

Other countries seem to have gun laws which completely empower the bad guy and emasculate the innocent.

  • Author

I don't recall what HB20's post was, maybe he can explain here? I just know when I saw his post it made me think of this video.

 

My point is, as you can see on this video, someone with a knife can cause a lot a serious harm in a very short period of time, and that just because you may have a gun and the other guy a knife, you may be put into a situation where if you think a split second too long you may end up dead. If someone lunges at you with a knife, you shoot, you stop the threat.

 

These officers were worried about the incident being recorded, as they were worried that if they shot the man that they would be charged with attempted murder or murder.

I don't recall what HB20's post was, maybe he can explain here? I just know when I saw his post it made me think of this video.

 

My point is, as you can see on this video, someone with a knife can cause a lot a serious harm in a very short period of time, and that just because you may have a gun and the other guy a knife, you may be put into a situation where if you think a split second too long you may end up dead. If someone lunges at you with a knife, you shoot, you stop the threat.

 

These officers were worried about the incident being recorded, as they were worried that if they shot the man that they would be charged with attempted murder or murder.

 

I believe someone commented that police in other countries take down people with knives without using guns all the time.

 

I responded that police in other countries have been brutally stabbed trying to do that as well.

 

I'd also add in that police in this country take down people with knives without shooting or killing them all the time also, those incidents just don't make the news.

  • Author

^ Thank you. And I agree that LEO take down people with knifes a good number of times. Many don't understand that it's also up to the suspects actions.

 

I'll also add that in the UK there is a crime committed with a knife about every 4 seconds. I like my chances Vs a knife more than Vs a gun, but it doesn't guarantee that I'll survive.

  • Author

Even if they would have attempted to talk this guy into dropping his knife, the first officer still would have been struck, he laid there for a bit and a lot of blood lose.

Anyone questioning what a knife can do should just Google image search "knife injuries". It's disgusting.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.