Huge fire in Bucharest nightclub kills dozens

SportsGuy41017

SG - did you make contact with person you know?

Yes, they are said to be in stable condition. Thanks for asking. I may be headed over for a week before Christmas, so I'll learn more.

I have been a bit busy the past week and last I knew there were 33 deaths, now 54?

We all know that in the US there is all sorts of corruption, but just be thankful that you are not in some other countries. Republican? Democrat? No one can hold a candle in corruption to politicians elsewhere. I have been in the process of starting a charity there and the mayor of sector 5 (has about 300k residences) and I had a mutual friend. We met a few times and he was going to help with the charity. BUT, early this year he gets arrested for embezzlement and extortion, and all, here he ended up with over $100 million! USD. And one guy was giving him a 20% commission from 2006-2014, which was over $30 million euro. Sadly we did not get that money before they took him away. So yeah, any US politician is well below the major leaguers in this category.

But the corruption led to the deaths by payoffs of politicians and inspectors. Then after the fire there were more bribes.