Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Bluegrass Championship in Frankfort

Featured Replies

  • Author

Round one tournament games

 

Dunbar beat Beth haven

Western Hills beat Henry Co.

Anderson Co. beat Woodford

Holmes beat Franklin Co.

Lou Central beat Gallatin Co

Lafayette beat Catholic team 2

J'town beat Frankfort

PRP beat North Oldham

 

Round Two scores

Tates Creek beat Dunbar

Henry Clay beat Western Hills

Shelby Valley beat Anderson Co.

Madison Central beat Holmes

Trinity beat Lou Central

Lex Catholic team 1 beat Lafayette

J'town beat Mason Co.

South Oldham beat PRP

 

Round three scores

South Oldham beat J'town

Lex Catholic team 1 beat beat Trinity

Tates Creek beat Henry Clay

Madison Central beat Shelby Valley

 

The semi finals are set for tomorrow

Lex Catholic versus South Oldham at Western Hills at 2:00

Tates Creek versus Madison Central at Franklin County at 2:00

 

Championship at Franklin County at 4:30

  • Replies 51
  • Views 5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Round one tournament games

 

Dunbar beat Beth haven

Western Hills beat Henry Co.

Anderson Co. beat Woodford

Holmes beat Franklin Co.

Lou Central beat Gallatin Co

Lafayette beat Catholic team 2

J'town beat Frankfort

PRP beat North Oldham

 

Round Two scores

Tates Creek beat Dunbar

Henry Clay beat Western Hills

Shelby Valley beat Anderson Co.

Madison Central beat Holmes

Trinity beat Lou Central

Lex Catholic team 1 beat Lafayette

J'town beat Mason Co.

South Oldham beat PRP

 

Round three scores

South Oldham beat J'town

Lex Catholic team 1 beat beat Trinity

Tates Creek beat Henry Clay

Madison Central beat Shelby Valley

 

The semi finals are set for tomorrow

Lex Catholic versus South Oldham at Western Hills at 2:00

Tates Creek versus Madison Central at Franklin County at 2:00

 

Championship at Franklin County at 4:30

sme upsets but this is summer ball do you know any details about Jtown/MC game?

Lexington Catholic beat Trinity by nearly 40 points. J Town was knocked out of its own tourney last week by Manual and now they were knocked out of this tourney by South Oldham. A repeat is not in the works for J-Town.

Lexintong Catholic is my pick to win this tournament, they have the best big man in the final four in Novosel, and probally the best 3 point shooter in Smart:thumb:

Shooter, Madison Central and Lex Catholic in the finals, I might just go with Madison Central here. South Oldham knocking off PRP and JTown today, either South Oldham has gotten better or PRP and J Town are not going to be as good as most expected Albeit, it is summer, but this is noteworthy.

Shooter, Madison Central and Lex Catholic in the finals, I might just go with Madison Central here. South Oldham knocking off PRP and JTown today, either South Oldham has gotten better or PRP and J Town are not going to be as good as most expected Albeit, it is summer, but this is noteworthy.

Hey stripes, me and you been agreeing lateley, but I think Lex Cath beathing trinity by 36 sends a message to me, they are playing well

Lex Cath is going all the way on this one

Havnt Lex Cath beat Madison Central once this year?

 

You seen those Faulkners play lately? One of them is down, but he'll come back strong:thumb:

Shooter, Madison Central and Lex Catholic in the finals, I might just go with Madison Central here. South Oldham knocking off PRP and JTown today, either South Oldham has gotten better or PRP and J Town are not going to be as good as most expected Albeit, it is summer, but this is noteworthy.

How many Oldham county's are there? North? South? and Oldham?

Is there 3?

First and foremost, the Faulkner kid will be back. An injury like the one sustained will heal in time and he will be back on the court and playing the game. I am certain of that.

 

I believe there is 3 Oldhams (North, South, Oldham).

 

I like Lexington Catholic chances, but as Manual showed in the J Town shootout, they are not as dominant yet as I believe they will be during the coming season. Hard to believe that a team coached by Trinity's Szabo could be throttled by nearly 40 points. Madison Central has been impressive in this tourney too. Novosell will be the key.

I believe that Novosel had 2 hours sleep and just got off a jet, or didnt play in the manual game, I look for him to have a double/double in both games tomorrow. Madison Central has nice big guy too, but he wont be able to handle Novosel's quick spin move on the base line

I'm thinking lex cath by high single digits

Novosell did play in the J Town event against Manual as it was mentioned on a thread. Since you gave your pick and point spread, I will say madison Central by 3 points. It is not Novosell that is Lex Cath main issue. It's their inexperience in the backcourt that is their shortcoming in these summer games. That is why I am stating that by season or during the season, Lex Cath will be a much stronger contender for the 11th region once their backcourt gains some practice and game experience.

LC will be tough this year as there kids have been playing together since 6th grade. I agree that the backcourt will not be a problem in the upcoming season. Botkin is gaining experience at the varsity intensity level not only with LC this summer but also with the KY Hoopstars. He will be ready. With regard to the BG Championship they appear to be one of the only teams with all there kids out for summer ball

Novosell did play in the J Town event against Manual as it was mentioned on a thread. Since you gave your pick and point spread, I will say madison Central by 3 points. It is not Novosell that is Lex Cath main issue. It's their inexperience in the backcourt that is their shortcoming in these summer games. That is why I am stating that by season or during the season, Lex Cath will be a much stronger contender for the 11th region once their backcourt gains some practice and game experience.

 

Was this the same inexperienced back court that already beat Madiso Central once by 10 and once by 30?:D

Are you going to be there?

If so, remember the name Jordan Smart, he is an up and coming Junior who didnt get much pt last year, but he has got a great stroke from behind the arc and plays solid defense, will play a big part in the outcome imo

 

ps If I'm wrong, I'm probally too conservative on my point spread

I already know the name Jordan Smart. He has a very nice stroke and he is a very disciplined player in terms of offensive understanding. He is great at moving without the ball and can spot up and release as quickly as any upper-classman. He will get better. Botkins will be just fine at the point. Don't expect any big numbers in the point lines or even the stat lines overall. This is relatively good news since you won't see any big number in the TO column for Botkins. LC is a methodical team and are well-coached year-in and year-out. Madison Central is playing better now and I expect a close game. I would hate to have shooterx3 with the upper hand in our debates here.

I already know the name Jordan Smart. He has a very nice stroke and he is a very disciplined player in terms of offensive understanding. He is great at moving without the ball and can spot up and release as quickly as any upper-classman. He will get better. Botkins will be just fine at the point. Don't expect any big numbers in the point lines or even the stat lines overall. This is relatively good news since you won't see any big number in the TO column for Botkins. LC is a methodical team and are well-coached year-in and year-out. Madison Central is playing better now and I expect a close game. I would hate to have shooterx3 with the upper hand in our debates here.

 

THE SUSPENSE IS KILLING ME, I LOVE THE UPPER HAND:banana:

GIVE ME THE SCORES!

  • Author

Semis

Lex Catholic beat South Oldham by 1 point

Madison Central beat Tates Creek by 12 points

 

Championship

Lexington Catholic beats Madison Central in double overtime.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.