Monroe County 27 Green County 22

tsyoung7

I come on tonight with a heavy heart. It was senior night at Monroe and our youngest played his last regular season game against an old rivalry of Monroe.....Green!

Now on to my thoughts....which are not worth much tonight. Monroe will not make it past a good team. If they can't get it together by now it's just not going to be there. They are a. Decent team with good athletes. Only a handful have the grit and want to to be better each week, but a lot are just happy putting on the uniform and calling themselves Falcons! As an alumni and super fan of Monroe I am very discouraged with their performance and effort. Not with all because they know if they are giving 100% every snap. They are staying alive though, even if they are scaring the poop out of our fans.

Way to go Falcons, District Champs Again! Now onto a good Wayne county squad that is always a good game between two programs that respect each other greatly!

I spoke with a Falcon parent before the game who echoed similar thoughts. I told him they had nothing to worry about tonight and he said I was crazy.

I went into the game thinking Roe would win by 3 tds plus. I left the game thinking there was little difference between the two. A pick six at the end of the half was the decisive play. We probably should have just taken a knee and went into half content to be down one.

Green showed some offense it had not all year long-credit to the coaches for coming with some scheme to help move the ball.

I was surprised that Monroe didnt control the LOS better than it did. We have struggled with that all year, even against lesser teams.

I was beginning to agree with you that Monroe would beat DeSales in the second round in Tville. While anything is possible, i cant make that prediction now.

Very good analysis of the game. Monroe has yet to have that break out game that everything clicks. Is it there? I hope we see it against Desales.....Offense continues to struggle.

I've been following you guys since it began to look like we will be traveling there in the second round. We have had some of the same struggles ourselves. The game scares the daylights out of me because of three things. 1. First and foremost, you have a quality team. 2. Your team will naturally rise to the occasion of having the opportunity to knock off the 2-time defending state champs. 3. For us, it is the fear that the boys will be looking at it as "the game before the rematch with CAL." Good luck the rest of the way, and we'll see you in three weeks!

I was at the Bowling Green Game when Monroe played them and thought Monroe played them considerably well for what they were up against..and they came out and destroyed Warren East in their 2nd game. After that they kinda start going down hill. It looks like to me the teams they played after didnt have as much hype on them. Is it possible that the kids enter these games with no hype and expect to win, get smacked in the mouth by a lesser talented team, then decide they need to step it up or lose? Because Monroe doesnt actually start playing till usually in the 4th when the game is to close for comfort. Hopefully they are the kinda team that plays better when they know they are going to be up against something. I dont think Wayne county will show that, not sure if they will play to their full ability to save it for the playoffs. Desales will be the next challenge for them and monroe will be an underdog in that game for sure. And Monroe always brings something come play off time. As a fan it just scares me to death not being confident and knowing what we will be seeing during playoff time.

The thing with these boys and the few years above them is that they either play up or down to their competition. You will never see a 56-0 blowout by Monroe. For one the coaches will never do that and two the boys are content with winning by 7-14. I am really looking forward to hosting Desales. That is the quality competition we as fans love to see. We gave away a couple games this year on silliness. A couple losses were so close to wins but did not go our way. That is fine, but from here on out a comfortable lead would be better on my blood pressure. Glasgow and Green gave the Falcons all they could ever want and Green showed that they can run a really good offense against a pretty tough defense. Monroe has some very good stand-out athletes that could definitely play at the next level...do we have break away speed? NO. Very good team speed though and very good size. These boys are right on the edge of something really great, it's just going to take one turn of Something...maybe that's knocking off Desales. Just maybe....