Concealed Carry

JesusShuttlesworth

• 2 months later...
If you keep a firearm in your truck, I HIGHLY recommend buying a gun safe for your car. My car was broke into last weekend and I had my Glock 23 and S&W Bodyguard locked up in my safe which is tethered to the brackets underneath the seat. My glove box was jimmied open so if it was in there, he would have it now.

I can tell the thief tried to get into the safe and also break the cord but he could not. So while my car was broken into, my holster stolen, my spare magazine carrier stolen, two magazines in the magazine stolen, and other stuff, my gun was secure and is therefore not on the streets for criminals who otherwise could not pass a background check to use to commit crime.

Didn't mean to thread jack but when you said you were planning to keep a gun in the vehicle, I just wanted to jump in with that.

Only concern is how long it would take you to get to your gun if you needed it? I've been looking at a holster mount that goes on the steering column. I'd obviously would move the weapon upon exiting the car but My issue with it is that a thief would spot the empty holster and decide to break in to look for the gun.