Covington Catholic 5 Holmes 1

AGullett08

Surprise of the night.... :popcorn:

Holmes held CCH scoreless for the first 33 minutes I believe. Then trailed 1-0 at the half.

Came back and tied in the second half on a handball in the box by CCH. With 25 minutes to go CCH took the lead and didn't look back.

Holmes played extremely well, if they had more subs (only had 4 I was told) this game would of been closer! All of CCH goals came late in second half.

Congrats to Holmes for a well played match.

Not as bad as score shows, although frustrating to watch. Heard the Coach put some playing restrictions within the game and played nearly all of first half with mostly non regulars. Good opportunity to learn what he has and who can adapt to different playing styles they will probably need down the stretch when speed, talent and intensity increases.

With that said, again Congrats to Holmes on a well played match. This is the best overall Holmes team I've seem in the past 6 years. Well done by their keeper.

I know I will not get this right, please feel free to help me out.....

Goals

Epplen...first half...no assist.....

Second half.....

#7 for Holmes (pk off handball that the AR saw 40 yards away from play and CR didn't see it 10 yards away).

Litzler ...Day assist?

Jacobs...litzler assist

McNight ...Day assist.......Night/Day combination on a nice evening.....(see what I did there?)

Michael Wessels...Day assists.

Feel free to correct me....

I know I will not get this right, please feel free to help me out.....

Goals

Epplen...first half...no assist.....

Second half.....

#7 for Holmes (pk off handball that the AR saw 40 yards away from play and CR didn't see it 10 yards .

I would like to hear the discussion between the cr and the AR after the game.