Cooper 4 Simon Kenton 1

Cooper netted 2 goals in the first 3 minutes of the match. For the next several minutes they controlled most of the run of play, they notched their 3rd and 4th about a minute apart half way through the first half.

Will Leanhart scored the only goal for SK on a nice one timer just before half.

There was no scoring in the second half, both teams had a few good chances that they failed to convert on. Leanhart had a couple nice chances, one went just wide and the keeper made a good save on another miss just wide. Cooper had one just glance off the post that would have given DJ Cooper a hat trick and they also had a long free kick hit off the crossbar.

Cooper Goals: Carty, Cooper(2), Snow Assists: Snow(3)

SK Goals: Leanhart

It looked like Cooper didn't know how to keep their foot on the pedal. Once they went ahead it seemed they lost interest in the game, guys arguing with one another, no one winning balls. That's when sk turned it on, sk was one or two miss traps or bad passes away from coming back.

Cooper looked pretty good early, they have what I think to be the best forward in nky and a kid in the center who can distribute the balls very well.

Can't wait to see how these two teams progress throughout the year.

Sounds like Cooper really put SK on the back foot early. Did SK play improve as the game progressed or was Cooper satisfied with sitting in and defending more in the second half?

I feel like Cooper only played well the first 25 minutes of the match, it did not seem that SK had an answer for the Cooper offensive attack early on, once they went up 4-0 they seemed to lose focus. Now granted, they had a nice lead and it is easy to relax but I think they need to learn to keep playing within their system regardless of the score.

I felt they had a chance to put this one away but they seemed to quit attacking and they let SK get their feet under them later in the first half and then conceded a goal when the defense failed to stay disciplined right before the half.

How was Coopers gk? From comments in the past I know this was a concern for them?

For this being his first official match, I would give him a big :thumb:.

I thought he was solid in making the saves he should, he also had a couple nice ones in the second half. I think him turning a couple shots away in the second half was important because he kept them from cutting into the 3 goal lead and gaining any momentum.

Well put yellowcard

He can be a real asset to the team this year, just needs to sharpen his decision making and he will turn out just fine. For never playing goalie he is a natural.

He plays behind a solid back line and communicates very well with them. I have seen keepers play their entire lives and not communicate the way he does.

That was a good first game on a scale from 1-10 I'd give him a 6.5. He was out of position on every long throw in the first half, stepped out of the 18 to pick up a ball (lines were hard to see) his form was just above awful. The positives were that he is very athletic, he communicates to his team, he has a decent punt. This kid will do fine

Btw this is just an opinion of an old washed up guy who knows very little about today's game.

It looked like Cooper didn't know how to keep their foot on the pedal. Once they went ahead it seemed they lost interest in the game, guys arguing with one another, no one winning balls. That's when sk turned it on, sk was one or two miss traps or bad passes away from coming back.

Cooper looked pretty good early, they have what I think to be the best forward in nky and a kid in the center who can distribute the balls very well.

Can't wait to see how these two teams progress throughout the year.

The CB with long hair is a good player for Cooper as well.

For this being his first official match, I would give him a big :thumb:.

I thought he was solid in making the saves he should, he also had a couple nice ones in the second half. I think him turning a couple shots away in the second half was important because he kept them from cutting into the 3 goal lead and gaining any momentum.

That's good to hear!