Dog Days Soccer Tournament

Want to offer a good luck to the 10 Kings Hammer and 7 NKSA teams that are playing in CSA's Dog Days Tournament this weekend. I always think it is one of the best run events on the club schedule for the fall. It is a nice warm-up before the Buckeye Premier and CUSL league games get started next weekend.

One oddity, at least to me: there are 4 boys teams playing in the "GOLD" brackets (the highest level of each age group), two Kings and two NKSA, but none of them are in the same age groups. Additionally, there are 5 girls teams playing in the "GOLD" brackets, three Kings and two NKSA, and likewise, none of them are in the same age groups.

Hope all of the KY teams do well!

MTGL.... Looks like they are all just avoiding each other, too early in the season and no one wants to show their hands yet.

Just kidding, I know that the Go-o-o-oalrilla Classic is next weekend, I wonder if some of the other top teams are playing there instead.

Just kidding, I know that the Go-o-o-oalrilla Classic is next weekend, I wonder if some of the other top teams are playing there instead.

I looked at that field, besides the Cincinnati West Academy teams (which one would expect since it is their tourney), I don't see a lot of Buckeye Premier Teams over there, but certainly some CUSL 1st Division teams are in the GOLD divisions.

Not surprising, last year we played a CW team in 2 out of our 4 matches.

I think a lot of the higher level teams in the area will probably be in the Mead Cup, it tends to draw some quality teams from outside our local area.

Just hope that it doesn't rain....Mead was a nightmare last year.

You also have the CU Cup that weekend. Not sure what the older divisions are like there. I know at the younger ages, the Go-o-o-oalrilla doesn't bring out the better teams (at least it didn't last year).

• 4 weeks later...

Want to offer a good luck to the 10 Kings Hammer and 7 NKSA teams that are playing in CSA's Dog Days Tournament this weekend. I always think it is one of the best run events on the club schedule for the fall. It is a nice warm-up before the Buckeye Premier and CUSL league games get started next weekend.

Participated in the MEAD Cup this past weekend. Any tournament that provides free food and drinks (including beer) prior to the tournament is tops in my book. :banana: