Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Anderson (OH) 4 Cooper 0 (Scrimmage)

Featured Replies

....

 

Anderson is solid, and have an outstanding junior class, but the final tally is surprising. Game was originally scheduled to be at Cooper but moved to Cincinnati's east side.

 

I have no details except that several Anderson parents were again impressed with Snow's play, as they have been in club soccer for years.

Ouch. I heard Anderson was pretty good this year but that's surprising.

The final was actually only 4-0, but it felt like 10-0.

 

I do not feel that there were many bright spots for Cooper tonight, the score might make this sound crazy but the goalie was actually pretty solid and had a few nice saves.

 

Anderson was much more physical, faster, and also out hustled Cooper tonight. I am not sure how they stack up against other Ohio teams but if I compare them to what I saw at Soccerama, they would be in my top 3 in NKY.

  • Author

....

 

Sorry YC, the texts I received said 4-0 at half (with a missed PK) and 6-0 final. I made the change to your score.

 

Funny you put them in NKY context, in speaking with a member of their staff, I guessed they'd be #2 in NKY behind CovCath.

No problem on the score, it was a lopsided match and it made for a VERY LONG ride home tonight.

 

I would not disagree with placing them right behind CCH if they were a NKY team. The big difference I saw was with their hustle tonight, I did not see this level of play out of most teams I watched at Soccerama.

You're wrong Anderson is better than Cov Cath.

Edited by MentschTrachtGottLacht
Capitalization and punctuation.

Anderson hosts Highlands on 8/25 and Ryle on 8/31 so that'll give a couple additional points of comparison to NKY teams. They also get Campbell County later in the season.

 

Anderson went 4-0-1 in the Mason pre-season tournament only giving up one goal. Sounds like Anderson has a nice team this fall.

 

I heard Anderson did a good job of switching fields and changing the point of attack against a Cooper team that got numbers behind the ball and got compact on ball-side. Who looked good for Anderson on the offensive end of the field?

I agree that Anderson did a good job of switching fields and their point of attack last night, I felt that Cooper got caught over pursuing at times and their mids did not do an adequate good job of getting back to cover runners down the middle or on the back side, this led to a couple of the goals. It seemed to me that the Jags were not very disciplined across the back and that they struggled to keep their shape from time to time.

 

I do not remember any specific players standing out on the offensive end for Anderson, it seemed that they had a very balanced squad that played well together. IMO, they are much farther along than Cooper is at this point of the season.

  • Author

I do not remember any specific players standing out on the offensive end for Anderson, it seemed that they had a very balanced squad that played well together. IMO, they are much farther along than Cooper is at this point of the season.

 

Their Junior class is their glue, and they have played together since U8 (except that they had to split up when they got to high school for club soccer because of team limits). They are going to be really good this year and great next year, but boy have they taken their lumps the last two years.

The question to ask in all scrimmages is did the coaches accomplish what they were looking to accomplish. Testing players together, playing new formations...etc...not so much who won......

I am not sure if the staff accomplished everything they wanted, they did play a handful of the kids in some different places. You can definitely tell that they are trying to see who can play the best together, and who will work where in a given formation. I was glad to see that they are not afraid to move some of the boys into spots I have yet to see them play.

 

I was not able to accomplish anything I intended on doing, as far as I know, Ohio schools do not believe in concessions OTB. Being the resourceful type, I was able to venture onto Beechmont and remedy the situation.

Scrimmaging teams better then you is always a good thing. There are plenty (far to many) "confidence building games" throughout the season. Coaches need to know which players can help against the top teams in your region. I commend the Cooper staff for getting a game against a team like Anderson. 4-0 score means little, what the Cooper staff learned is what matters.

 

Never makes sense to me to not open the concessions during scrimmages. If a school makes money on concessions, and shame on them if they don't, make that money every chance you get and be a better host while doing so.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.