UFC Fight Night 73 Teixeira vs. St. Preux Date: August 8, 2015

The card

Fight Card

Glover Teixeira (22-4) vs. Ovince St. Preux (18-6)

Marlon Vera (6-2-1) vs. Roman Salazar (9-3, 1 NC)

Jonathan Wilson (6-0) vs. Chris Dempsey (11-2)

Jared Rosholt (12-2) vs. Timothy Johnson (9-1)

Michael Johnson (17-8) vs. Beneil Dariush (11-1)

Anthony Christodoulou (12-5) vs. Scott Holtzman (7-0)

Sara McMann (8-2) vs. Amanda Nunes (10-4)

Chris Camozzi (21-10) vs. Tom Watson (17-8)

Dustin Ortiz (14-4) vs. Willie Gates (12-5)

Derek Brunson (13-3) vs. Sam Alvey (26-6, 1 NC)

Ray Borg (8-1) vs. Geane Herrera (8-0)

Uriah Hall (10-5) vs. Oluwale Bamgbose (5-0)

Frankie Saenz (10-2) vs. Sirwan Kakai (12-2)

My Picks

Frankie Saenz- He is 2-0 in the UFC and on a six fight win streak.

Uriah Hall- I think this is it for him as far as the UFC goes. If he can't beat the newcomer, he has no business inside the cage.

(The Ray Borg/Geane Herrera is not listed on the updated card)

Sam Alvey- Has won three in a row Brunson has won two. I think this I.M.O. will be the toughest fight for Alvey since he fought Tom Watson, whom he lost to.

Dustin Ortiz- He is 2-2 in his last four and I.M.O. this is a must win for him Gates won his last UFC fight and has won six of his last seven. I think Ortiz has faced stiffer competition and this will play a major part in him winning.

Tom Watson - He is at the stage where he is nothing more than a journey man as is Camozzi. Watson has lost three of four, while Camozzi has gone two and five in his last seven. I look for Watson to get a close decision.

Sara McMann- She has nothing to fight for except her UFC career in this one. She has dropped two of her last three, losing to Rousey and Tate. Nunes, has won three of her last four, but has not faced the competition Sara has. I look for the AMERICAN to come out and end this one in the first.

Scott Holtzman- Makes his debut in the UFC. I look for the newcomer to make a loud statement in this one with a stoppage in the third.

Beneil Dariush- He has ran off four straight victories since he was beaten by Ramsey Nijem. I am thinking he is going to get a knockout in the third after dominating the fight.

Timothy Johnson- Both fighters have knockout power and both have decent ground games. I look for Johnson to land the first big blow of the fight and pounce like a cat from there.

Chris Dempsey- Is 1-1 in the UFC and if he is ever going to climb the ladder he can not afford to drop a fight to a newcomer.

Roman Salazar- is 0-11 in the UFC and his opponent is 0-1. Both fighters desperately need a win. I think Salazar takes a close decision.

Ovince St. Preux- Has gone 2-0 since losing to Ryan Bader and he seems to have found what ever it was he was missing. I look for this to be a surprisingly early knockout win.