August 10, 201511 yr Also, 39% of the Mississippi's volume comes from the Ohio River, so she should have faster sailing after the Ohio/Mississippi confluence. I did not know that either. There should be a lot of volume this summer! Actually I grew up outside of Memphis and seeing the Mississippi river was a daily occurrence for much of my life. By the time it gets to Memphis, it is quite an impressive body of fast moving water. I worked in the Federal Building downtown, and at lunch in the spring I could watch the tugboats maneuver the barges under the bridges.
September 3, 201511 yr Author She has made it to the quad cities in Iowa, on day 68 or so. She has joined a group of 3 other paddlers. Her pictures on her blog are really neat.
Archived
This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.