Nicholas County Summer Basketball League

Bracken 58 Robertson 21

Bracken 61 Nicholas Co 28

Defense looks solid for Polar Bears!

So much for that comment about Hinson teams not knowing how to defend. I saw them on Monday and looked very active on both sides of the ball. I am looking foward to watching them play a little better competition to see where the stand against the Regions better teams. So far so good from what i have seen. Kids really showing team chemistry something they have lacked the past couple seasons.

Score was actually 61-38 game was within 10-15 most of time till 4th quarter. Brackens size was to much for a Nicholas team that starts pretty much 4 guards and a center. Nicholas co also suffered an injury to one of their better shooters 5 minutes into game with a shoulder injury when he dove for a loose ball.

Was at games was told 2 of bath co starters that were not there yesterday showed up today. Nicholas beat Bath by close to 30 points

I stand by my statement. 2-3 starters (and a couple of early subs for the coming year) are not there for Bath Co. Seen a lot of world beaters in summer ball that are 2-8 on New Years Day. They will be ready to play when it counts.