Jon Jones Involved in Hit & Run, Suspended by UFC and Stripped of LHW Title

UFC stripped light heavyweight champion Jon Jones of his title Tuesday, one day after he turned himself in to police custody on a felony charge in Albuquerque, New Mexico.

Jones, 27, is the first champion in UFC history to be stripped of a title due to disciplinary reasons. UFC officials announced Tuesday that the promotion has indefinitely suspended Jones and pulled him from a scheduled title defense against Anthony Johnson at UFC 187 on May 23 in Las Vegas.

Jon Jones stripped of light heavyweight title, suspended by UFC

At one time Jones was showing others how to build a career. Now he seems bent on destroying it. What a disappointment! None will be more disappointed than Johnson. What a great matchup. Jones who has proven himself to be the best and Johnson who has proven to be a beast. this would have been the biggest challenge to Jones yet. I was really interested in seeing how he would take on Johnson. I think Jones is more skilled and would have won based on fight savvy. However, Johnson is such a beast that he definitely had a solid chance to win by beating Jones up.

Now we will see Johnson v. Cormier. I expect Johnson to knock Cormier out. Cormier will need to wrestle this guy.