Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

KHSAA Needs Parents on board

Featured Replies

Local schools have parents on their boards, why not put parents on the BOC for the KHSAA. I fail to see where there is any justice in the way eligibility decisions are made public or private. Worst case they should appoint a specific person to handle all eligibility issues as their sole job with the KHSAA as it is my opinion that the KHSAA DUE PROCESS PROCEDURE is a complete joke.

What does being a parent offer? I would assume that many (I know at least one) of the BOC are actually parents.

 

What eligibility case do you speak of?

  • Author

With regard to parents on BOC I meant parents that are not affilliatd with a KHSAA school as an employee, etc...

 

Kid from Harrison county moved to Clark county. Parents decided to keep their home in Harrison County as an investment. KHSAA said it wasn't a bonified move because they didn't sell the property in Harrison Co.

With regard to parents on BOC I meant parents that are not affilliatd with a KHSAA school as an employee, etc...

 

Kid from Harrison county moved to Clark county. Parents decided to keep their home in Harrison County as an investment. KHSAA said it wasn't a bonified move because they didn't sell the property in Harrison Co.

 

1. The person I know of who is on the BOC has a child who plays varsity sports but the person is not affilliated with the school.

 

2. I agree with the KHSAA in the example listed.

  • Author

Have you seen the published definition of Bona Fide move in the KHSAA handbook. If so, please tell me where it adresses the dispersion of real property as a requirement for waiver of ineligibility.

Have you seen the published definition of Bona Fide move in the KHSAA handbook. If so, please tell me where it adresses the dispersion of real property as a requirement for waiver of ineligibility.

 

I see that you're new to the board. For those of us "vets" from NKY, I think I can say that yes, we all have seen the wording . If I remember correctly, its section 6 , right?

 

To answer your real question, it does not address the issue you mention specifically. That's why the KHSAA spent time in court with the Mitchell case.

 

Didn't the KHSAA decide to amend the wording?

 

Again, in your cited case, I'm with the KHSAA as far as intent.

  • Author

as of this month the wording has not been modified. Incidentally the BOC overturned the commissioner and the hearing officer and ruled the child eligible. The Vote was 16-1

If a house was purchased in Clark County then I'm with big Papa. If they have not sold there Harrison County Home and are only renting in Clark County then I'm with KHSAA

If a house was purchased in Clark County then I'm with big Papa. If they have not sold there Harrison County Home and are only renting in Clark County then I'm with KHSAA

 

Good point. I was assuming they were renting in the new home. If they actually bought it, I'd say they've made the right steps.

Renting now with intent to build. Never the less this is a legitimate move and all the illegal moves of the past by other schools caused this young man to miss the start of the season.

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.