Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

BluegrassPreps.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Doss 65 Bullitt East 61 (6th Region Semifinals)

Featured Replies

Someone correct me if I am wrong... But this will be the first year since reorganization of the Louisville regions that it hasn't been PRP/East final. I believe East will be a lot better team next year with who they have returning.

 

Not if they have the same coach guiding them. I saw them a few times this year. They looked different every time. Odd substitutions, questionable strategy. I enjoyed watching them when Barr was there. I'd often drive a little further to see them play. Those teams were tough. The Bullitt East that I've seen the last two years has been very soft.

In the Open Coaching thread, I alluded to a possible coaching change at BE. I know there were some who thought the staff was not on the same page and I had heard from a distant source that they may want to go after a "long haul" coach. I knew a coach who interviewed when they went with Blackburn Round #2 and he just had the feeling they wanted to play it safe for an interim time with the cast of players they had returning. With the way the season went, I wonder if they may want to go for a longer term coach now and the ability to land a really good coach goes up when he has the opportunity to win big in his initial year there. After that Junior class leaves there is not the same firepower in younger classes.

That is very true, I was thinking to myself at the time he picked up his dribble that he or the coach should call a timeout. It did happen only a few feet from their bench. I was sitting right behind the bench and ironically the Doss Coach then called an ill advised timeout after they snatched it away or they would have converted an easy layup. During that time out the Bullitt East Coach looked at the young freshman and clearly told the young man that it was his (coaches) fault. I was unsure if he was saying so because he should have called time out or just putting the kid in that situation.

 

Since the coach directly said that to the young man, I am going to lean with that he missed the timeout call. See in the last 5 games or so, the coach has used this player more and more, especially down the stretch of games against teams who pressure. And for the most part the kid has handled the situation very well, he gave East that extra ball handler they needed. I would think most everyone was thinking he should be in the game at this time, especially with Klefot out, he was they're best option. As I said before "Not Making" the timeout call is a head scratcher to say the least. This should have been one of those calls (the timeout) that was a done by automatic instinct. You keep the ball with around 18 seconds left, and work for a descent shot or foul off the drive...WOW!!!

Recently Browsing 0

  • No registered users viewing this page.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.